1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

12 minutes ago, 15412 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-packers-jordan-love-trade-rumor-2021-draft

I don't, but anyone think there could really be anything to something like this?  Smoke and speculation is rampant I know..

If we had even the slightest interest in shopping Jordan Love, Tim Boyle would still be a Packer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If we had even the slightest interest in shopping Jordan Love, Tim Boyle would still be a Packer.

I think that may be an indicator but not a primary one.  Boyle is replaceable.  

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How about:

2021 Pick #9

2021 Pick #40

Justin Simmons

Dre'Mont Jones

2022 1st round pick

For:

Aaron Rodgers

Dean Lowry

2021 Pick #62

Why would we take on a 3rd safety who just signed a 4/61 deal? 

I'd only want Risner or Chubb from that team.

All pointless though as we aren't trading either QB.

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How about:

2021 Pick #9

2021 Pick #40

Justin Simmons

Dre'Mont Jones

2022 1st round pick

For:

Aaron Rodgers

Dean Lowry

2021 Pick #62

You are damaging the high opinion I had of you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

his receivers had to really adjust in several of those clips. His release needs a bit more clean-up, but I'm more concerned about what he'll be asked to do in an actual game situation, not what he can do in his underwear...

I'm with you on the last part. I admitted I'm being irrationally excited but I didn't feel the adjustment part. Looking like he was hitting guys where they needed to be from casual *** eyes. Again. Probably not something to critique too much in either direction but still nice to remember he exists outside of being drafted

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Exactly. Boyle taught Love to master the art of zero loss knee taking and after that was disposable. There's no way we're going to let a guy with that sort of skill go again.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm with you on the last part. I admitted I'm being irrationally excited but I didn't feel the adjustment part. Looking like he was hitting guys where they needed to be from casual *** eyes. Again. Probably not something to critique too much in either direction but still nice to remember he exists outside of being drafted

and a casual @$$ stance as well. I think he needs to loosen up a bit there but it definitely looks like progress is being made.

Still, can that be translated to in-game speed and such.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

his receivers had to really adjust in several of those clips. His release needs a bit more clean-up, but I'm more concerned about what he'll be asked to do in an actual game situation, not what he can do in his underwear...

step 1:  performing in shirt and shorts

step 2:  performing against skeleton D

step 3:  performing against practice 11 on 11

step 4:  performing in preseason games

Good to see it in step 1, can't expect to see it in a game when there are no games to be played until July/August

https://theathletic.com/2537509/2021/04/23/ranking-the-top-quarterbacks-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-bob-mcginns-grades-are-in/

Subscription/for-pay article linked above.  

"A year ago, the Packers traded up late in the first round to No. 26 and gambled on Utah State’s Jordan Love.  A fourth-year junior, Love could have been in this draft. Because he didn’t play a down as a rookie, clubs still view him as a draft-eligible player. Seventeen scouts agreed to slot Love as if he were part of this draft. One rated him second, three rated him fourth, four rated him fifth, six rated him sixth, one rated him seventh and two rated him eighth."

Fascinating.  In an actual draft where 5 QB's will go in the top 10-15, and #6 is a 2nd rounder, still eight of the 17 scouts have him ahead of at least one of the Big 5; and six more still rate him 6th ahead of the 2nd rounder.  Wow.  

Edited by craig

5 minutes ago, craig said:

https://theathletic.com/2537509/2021/04/23/ranking-the-top-quarterbacks-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-bob-mcginns-grades-are-in/

Subscription/for-pay article linked above.  

"A year ago, the Packers traded up late in the first round to No. 26 and gambled on Utah State’s Jordan Love.  A fourth-year junior, Love could have been in this draft. Because he didn’t play a down as a rookie, clubs still view him as a draft-eligible player. Seventeen scouts agreed to slot Love as if he were part of this draft. One rated him second, three rated him fourth, four rated him fifth, six rated him sixth, one rated him seventh and two rated him eighth."

Fascinating.  In an actual draft where 5 QB's will go in the top 10-15, and #6 is a 2nd rounder, still eight of the 17 scouts have him ahead of at least one of the Big 5; and six more still rate him 6th ahead of the 2nd rounder.  Wow.  

I guess I'd have him 4th or 5th at worst.  I think the Packers saw a top 10 type QB and though the value was just too good to pass up.  They probably figured with Rodgers on board they wouldn't get another opportunity as good to land an heir.