1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

None of those scouts watched any other QB play their final season with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator and 9 new offensive starters.    Bet there would be a few less 1st rnd QB grades if any of the top QB's had to play under Love's circumstances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

None of those scouts watched any other QB play their final season with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator and 9 new offensive starters.    Bet there would be a few less 1st rnd QB grades if any of the top QB's had to play under Love's circumstances.

I think most evaluators took that into account, and obviously all of them saw the 2018 tape

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's just amazing to see that Love may hold some trade value right now.

Now the draft can go a lot of different ways.  And it will tell us much as to how the front office feels about Love.

Very very interesting.

We could still think the world of Love, and if the rhetorical Pats move, or now the Broncos one that is making circulation, we take that one to the bank and send him packing.

4 minutes ago, R T said:

zEyMCfnU_normal.jpg

Gutekunst says there’s always room in ‘trusting the board,’ for “moving up for guys you think are special.” Says they’ve done that since he’s been in Green Bay. That means they thought Jaire Alexander, Darnell Savage and yes Jordan Love were special players

3/3

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, HeresAGuy said:

We could still think the world of Love, and if the rhetorical Pats move, or now the Broncos one that is making circulation, we take that one to the bank and send him packing.

Not going to happen.  Was watching NFL network one of the guys suggested we trade Love for a 3rd round pick.  You know it's liike a car you drive it off the lot and it loses it's value.  What a dolt.  About the dumbest thing I heard this week.  Pony up #9 or #15 from NE and I'd at least have to think about it.  Answer will still be no.  We got our guy we'll stick to the plan and develop him thank you very much. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 4:24 PM, cannondale said:

Renner at PFF, who is a Packer fan, guessed Love would be 6-7 this year

If you are convinced that Zac Wilson is a better QB prospect than Jordan Love, I question how much you watch small-time college football involving teams from Utah not affiliated with a major conference.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If you are convinced that Zac Wilson is a better QB prospect than Jordan Love, I question how much you watch small-time college football involving teams from Utah not affiliated with a major conference.

If you are saying Love is a better prospect than Wilson, you'd be the first.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If you are saying Love is a better prospect than Wilson, you'd be the first.

Love's 2018 was better than Wilson's 2020, Love's 2019 was better than any other season Wilson had.  People are just sleeping on "Zac Wilson did it for literally one year" I guess.

That BYU team was nearly undefeated but the strength of the team was in the OL.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Love's 2018 was better than Wilson's 2020, Love's 2019 was better than any other season Wilson had.  People are just sleeping on "Zac Wilson did it for literally one year" I guess.

That BYU team was nearly undefeated but the strength of the team was in the OL.

Wilson was better in 2020 then Love was in 2018, don't be silly.