1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, chillparsi1 said:

I don’t think ppl question his arm talent. It’s the between the ears stuff that makes you worry. Had some bad INTs from what I can recall. Not sure if trusting his arm too much or forcing or just didn’t have it but that’s what worries me most. A redshirt year, esp under Aaron, I’m sure is great. Would love to see another but hey if not....experience is a great teacher 

Idt that is a fair assessment. Just because he threw more INTs his junior year , doesn’t mean he’s not a smart QB. 

It seems like he doesn’t see an underneath guy a lot. You see it quite a bit with his INTs. 

He had to force throws. His team f’ing sucked. He had to make those hard throws to give them a chance . Outside of Jordan Love, Utah St. had 0 people drafted the past two years. 

All I know about Jordan Love is this ... he has been put into this very tough position by no fault of his own.  He's the brunt of a lot of crap without knowing exactly what his skills are or aren't.  Rodgers is pissed he was drafted; not Love's fault.  Fans are pissed because he was drafted; not his fault.  With Rodgers now acting like a spoiled child, he's under the microscope even more.  Not sure if he will or won't be Green Bay's qb of the future; all I know is I'm rooting for him now more than ever. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I fully trust MLF to build a gameplan to Love's strengths, if it comes to that. I'm not remotely worried about hindering Love's development under a MLF regime. 

THIS!  I would be worried under McCarthy, but not MLF.  His system is for the QB to succeed. 

Rodgers will be severly humbled when Love gets more MVP votes than the new Bronco's QB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coachbuns said:

All I know about Jordan Love is this ... he has been put into this very tough position by no fault of his own.  He's the brunt of a lot of crap without knowing exactly what his skills are or aren't.  Rodgers is pissed he was drafted; not Love's fault.  Fans are pissed because he was drafted; not his fault.  With Rodgers now acting like a spoiled child, he's under the microscope even more.  Not sure if he will or won't be Green Bay's qb of the future; all I know is I'm rooting for him now more than ever. 

Well said!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I fully trust MLF to build a gameplan to Love's strengths, if it comes to that. I'm not remotely worried about hindering Love's development under a MLF regime. 

Just to expand on this...

Marcus Mariota had his most accurate season under MLF and it looks like an outlier compared to the rest of his career. The Titans managed to go 9-7 with Mariota and Gabbert as their QBs.

Now, the offense wasn't dynamic at all. It was safe and designed around the run game. The "weapons" on offense were, and this is the nicest word you could find to describe them, mediocre. Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor, Tajae Sharpe & Darius Jennings were the top 4 WRs. Delanie Walker predictably got hurt so the top TEs were Jonnu Smith, Anthony Firkser and Luke Stocker.

Not saying Love would be all-world his first season but he's in good hands with MLF and it in no way means we're automatically going to suck. Those Titans played a middle of the road schedule (16th in SRS) and managed a winning season with practically no talent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

THIS!  I would be worried under McCarthy, but not MLF.  His system is for the QB to succeed. 

Rodgers will be severly humbled when Love gets more MVP votes than the new Bronco's QB.

If that were to come to pass, I would be ecstatic but no matter how good a coach is, no QB is going to step in and out play someone at 12's level without several years of development.   Outside of next world talent, Rodgers understands, sees and processes the game at a level very few ever have.

If he truly doesn't want to play here any more, thank him for his service, get as much as you can to help the team and move on but Love would benefit from at least one more year before getting thrown into the fire the same way Aaron himself did.

• Like 2

Watching Love throw the football is still as unreal today as it was when they drafted him.  No interest in getting into the Rodgers/Love stuff, but just in terms of arm talent he's every bit as rare a talent to me as Rodgers is.  His ability to put touch passes high and on target downfield, even on the run, is just gross.  

gross dumb and dumber GIF

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Watching Love throw the football is still as unreal today as it was when they drafted him.  No interest in getting into the Rodgers/Love stuff, but just in terms of arm talent he's every bit as rare a talent to me as Rodgers is.  His ability to put touch passes high and on target downfield, even on the run, is just gross.  

gross dumb and dumber GIF

agreed

This is why I think the Mahomes comps are not "lazy". Those two (along with Rodgers) have that wrist-flick "arm" strength/velocity that is unteachable. Just lightning release that pops on tape the second you put him on. It's rare to see IMO.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, deathstar said:

IMO Love is Matt Ryan who can throw on the run. A physically talented guy who willl excel in a good system, but if he had to come in and create on his own don’t expect much.

2uQB.gif

• Like 4