1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Packers are a good football TEAM.  We can win with Love.  Will there be some growing pains?  Sure.  If he's the starter he'll gradually improve as the season wears on.  

Rodgers went 6-10 with three years on the bench to learn. I hope you are right if that is the way it plays out. One thing should be certain, if Rodgers is traded the talent around Love will be better immediately compared to the talent around Rodgers. If you assume we get a couple of solid players to go with some draft picks. I would expect those picks to be round 1 or 2 in upcoming draft(s), depending on the players we get as part of any hypothetical deal. 

I'm of the opinion if we trade Rodgers we might as well deal Davante too. He's not going to sign an extension if Rodgers is traded. Unless, of course, Love lights it up year 1. That is highly unlikely. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers went 6-10 with three years on the bench to learn. I hope you are right if that is the way it plays out. One thing should be certain, if Rodgers is traded the talent around Love will be better immediately compared to the talent around Rodgers. If you assume we get a couple of solid players to go with some draft picks. I would expect those picks to be round 1 or 2 in upcoming draft(s), depending on the players we get as part of any hypothetical deal. 

I'm of the opinion if we trade Rodgers we might as well deal Davante too. He's not going to sign an extension if Rodgers is traded. Unless, of course, Love lights it up year 1. That is highly unlikely. 

I agree.  Package them.  Get what we can.  I am not confident Rodgers will perform well this year if he is still a Packer.  He'll come in unprepared.  His heart won't be in it. Karma is a *****.  The time to trade him coming soon.  I'd open up the auction and see what kind of offers we get.  I think we could still make the playoffs without him.  Whether it's Love or Bortles we'll have a strong supporting cast.  Great run game and the Defense should be improved.  I'd still expect we would win the division even without him.  I'd hope Love would beat out Bortles but that's not a given either.  Guess it really depends on how fast they can get Love ready.  Bortles has much more experience.  We'll see.  After the crap Aaron has pulled I'd just assume cut bait right now. 

On 6/4/2021 at 5:13 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

If Rodgers had a supermodel who earned more than he did.....................and if he was as, well, psychotically driven as Brady is, maybe he would take less.................but Brady is the very, very, VERY rare exception, not the norm (definitely not norm).

So my view is, why should he (Rodgers) take less than his market value, it's not like there is anything wrong with getting what you are worth..................and if that is tens of millions per year, it's not his fault the market is set like that - anyone could get his kind of deal, IF they had his kind of talent. Fans almost ALWAYS want a player to take less, because then their team has more to spend, which is no less selfish than a player seeking market value.

He signed a contract and is still making MVP money.   

6 hours ago, Starchisaga said:

He signed a contract and is still making MVP money.   

Not quite sure about your point, here ? Yes he signed a contract. Yes he should honour it. He is still making good (though maybe not mvp) money. What does this have to do with conversations addressing his past, where he never gave a Brady discount ?  

To address your point somewhat indirectly, I don't think this dispute has very much to do with money directly, it's more about security. It is tricky to know the exact reasons for his unhappiness, but seems rooted in more than one grievance regarding who has been retained and who was let go in the past, along with his uncertainty about his future.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Not quite sure about your point, here ? Yes he signed a contract. Yes he should honour it. He is still making good (though maybe not mvp) money. What does this have to do with conversations addressing his past, where he never gave a Brady discount ?  

To address your point somewhat indirectly, I don't think this dispute has very much to do with money directly, it's more about security. It is tricky to know the exact reasons for his unhappiness, but seems rooted in more than one grievance regarding who has been retained and who was let go in the past, along with his uncertainty about his future.

Agreed.   Perhaps I misunderstood the string.   Thanks!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I agree.  Package them.  Get what we can.  I am not confident Rodgers will perform well this year if he is still a Packer.  He'll come in unprepared.  His heart won't be in it. Karma is a *****.  The time to trade him coming soon.  I'd open up the auction and see what kind of offers we get.  I think we could still make the playoffs without him.  Whether it's Love or Bortles we'll have a strong supporting cast.  Great run game and the Defense should be improved.  I'd still expect we would win the division even without him.  I'd hope Love would beat out Bortles but that's not a given either.  Guess it really depends on how fast they can get Love ready.  Bortles has much more experience.  We'll see.  After the crap Aaron has pulled I'd just assume cut bait right now. 

Love Rodgers, but you gotta start looking at the future vs the past. Hes been in GB for 16 years, won 1 super bowl  in 2011 with a great WR group and a pretty good defense.  

You got Brady returning with his complete team, the Niners coming back, Seattle in the mix.  Rodgers had the perfect storm last year with HFA in the playoffs.  Im not sure he has the clutch gene to take this team to a SB victory.  He has a terrible 4th Qtr comeback record, and a few of those were Hail Marys.  

Whats his trade value if he breaks his collarbone again, or gets another big concussion (he had a couple early)?  

I hope they can work out a deal to stay, but I wouldn't give him a NTA, or option on teams, but I think Murphy will cave and screw up the value they could get.

I wouldn't trade him this Summer, the earliest would be in the Fall, where he wouldn't have a TC with his new team, and the record may not be as good for their draft position, or you just wait until after the season where you might have more teams involved and are more able to make a move rather than finding out the night before the draft like they did in April.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

You got Brady returning with his complete team, the Niners coming back, Seattle in the mix.  Rodgers had the perfect storm last year with HFA in the playoffs.  Im not sure he has the clutch gene to take this team to a SB victory.  He has a terrible 4th Qtr comeback record, and a few of those were Hail Marys.  

This might have been more about McCarthy being head coach than Rodgers being the QB. Since LaFleur is only 2 years in (going on a 3rd this year) there isn't enough information to push that towards being Rodgers 'fault' (and fault applies to the whole team really, even if AR is a key part of that).

On 6/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Law of averages suggests having two HOF QB's is a row generally doesn't continue on to three....Remember Joe Montana and his heir apparent Steve Young?....

They did follow him with the not-awful Jeff Garcia, but that's really the only HoF/HoF/Pro Bowl I can find...at least for the back to back Pro Bowl-level QBs there were multiple examples (Anderson-Esiason in Cinci, Lamonica-Stabler with the Raiders, Hart-Lomax with the Cards, Hadl-Fouts in SD, etc).

Maybe there are 2 examples, if you like the Meredith-Staubach-White continuum in Dallas. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

They did follow him with the not-awful Jeff Garcia, but that's really the only HoF/HoF/Pro Bowl I can find...at least for the back to back Pro Bowl-level QBs there were multiple examples (Anderson-Esiason in Cinci, Lamonica-Stabler with the Raiders, Hart-Lomax with the Cards, Hadl-Fouts in SD, etc).

Maybe there are 2 examples, if you like the Meredith-Staubach-White continuum in Dallas. 

I stated three consecutive HOF'ers....Of the ones you listed, at the least Jeff Garcia, Don Meredith, Danny White, or John Hadl are not in the pro football Hall of Fame...