1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

5 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Jim Plunkett and Jim McMahon have two and are not yet in....Doug Williams is the first black QB to win a SB and he's not yet in....No Joe Flacco or Eli Manning....Manning should get in because he played in NY....

Manning should get in anyway.  He sits at 8th in yards and 9th in TDs right now, and he has two rings.  

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

If you’re never a top five QB in your career you should not be in the HOF.

And I think that hurts guys like Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, and probably Phillip Rivers, who have the stats but not the rings.  Manning has the stats, he has the rings, he has the bloodline, and he was the Tom Brady Kryptonite.  

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And I think that hurts guys like Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, and probably Phillip Rivers, who have the stats but not the rings.  Manning has the stats, he has the rings, he has the bloodline, and he was the Tom Brady Kryptonite.  

None of those players deserve to be in either.

Currently in the NFL there’s Rodgers, Brady; maybe Wilson if he can get an MVP, and maybe Mahomes if he can maintain this level of play. 

20 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

There are many guys in the HOF who shouldnt be in there.  Bob Griese????   Namath was vastly overrated, Paul Hornung?

The HOF has become so diluted over the years,  its become a joke.       

I am curious if you are old enough to have watched football in the time that those guys played.

They don't have the statistics of QB's these days, but it was a totally different game back then.

33 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

There are many guys in the HOF who shouldnt be in there.  Bob Griese????   Namath was vastly overrated, Paul Hornung?

The HOF has become so diluted over the years,  its become a joke.       

...I think you should change your username because yikes this take.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Excited to read reports about Love zinging lasers to the WRs with Rodgers stroking his ego on his couch.

He looked pretty good up in Sister Bay throwing sticks to his dogs to fetch in the water.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am curious if you are old enough to have watched football in the time that those guys played.

They don't have the statistics of QB's these days, but it was a totally different game back then.

Yes, saw all of them play.  Griese was a push button QB,  was hurt for most of the undefeated season,   pick an above average QB and they do what Griese did for that team.  

Namath won a hyped up SB, but was more know for off the field stuff that his career stats.

Hornung was suspended a year for gambling which back then was a major no-no.  Finished his rushing career with a whopping 3700 yards, finishing between Packer greats Gerry Ellis and Eddie Lacy in career rushing yards.   

Once MISSED 26 field goals in a season, not his career, in a season (1964).    

He was a goal line guy.  Taylor did the grunt work and Hornung ran it in from 3 yards out, and got the headlines.

Good all around football player, but VASTLY overrated.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1