1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

26 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm getting the Brett Hundley vibe from Love.  Better tools but we'll see.  People will rave about a throw or two but you gotta put points on the board. 

"But he didn't have a preseason last year"  Neither did Burrow and Herbert but they did pretty well in their starts.  

Knowing the offense and completing 3 screens in a row looks great.  He should be further advanced IMO.

Brett Hundley never demonstrated the arm strength love has.  The free play throw into the cover 2 keyhole to Taylor is a throw Hundley could never make.

Love’s preseason was encouraging, but it showed he isn’t ready for prime time yet.  I’m excited to see the progress he makes between year 2 and 3 (assuming/praying he doesn’t play more than garbage time snaps in 2021).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm getting the Brett Hundley vibe from Love.  Better tools but we'll see.  People will rave about a throw or two but you gotta put points on the board. 

"But he didn't have a preseason last year"  Neither did Burrow and Herbert but they did pretty well in their starts.  

Knowing the offense and completing 3 screens in a row looks great.  He should be further advanced IMO.

Might be the worst take in history to compare him to Hundley. We clearly were watching two different guys.

I'm guessing when Sternberger missed his block on 4th and goal from the 1 that was Love's fault? Was it Love's fault when the field goal was missed. It would be like blaming Crosby for not converting a field goal attempt when the snapper snapped it over the holders head. 

This is just awful. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

I get the feeling 2022 is going to be a growing pain year.  That would have been one more extremely valuable year in the oven for the kid that I think he will have needed, but all indicators are we are not going to get that luxury.

You could be right.  I think a 2019 Josh Allen season could be likely.  Inconsistent play but glimpses of being able to play at the highest level.  If that plays out that way, hopefully by 2023 he makes the strides Allen did from 19-20.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I get more of a Jay Cutler vibe. A lot of good and just some bone headed throws

3 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I get more of a Jay Cutler vibe. A lot of good and just some bone headed throws

Honestly, Jay Cutler in a well structured offense with good coaching could have been great.  Moving to Chicago, where he didn’t get either of those things, really hurt his career.

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I don't really give a ****! IF you couldn't see the massive potential in Love you aren't watching. Comparing him to Hundley is offensive and was meant to be. You can try and mask it now, but it was a terrible take. 

Hundley could never process what he saw on the field. Getting to his second read was not going to happen, much less his third or forth. Jordan Love is LIGHT YEARS ahead of him from a talent and intellect standpoint. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't really give a ****! IF you couldn't see the massive potential in Love you aren't watching. Comparing him to Hundley is offensive and was meant to be. You can try and mask it now, but it was a terrible take. 

FAR better numbers by Hundley at that point in his career.  Even you can see that????

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

FAR better numbers by Hundley at that point in his career.  Even you can see that????

If you want to judge QB’s strictly by numbers in preseason, then Jordan Love’s passer rating of 89.1 in his first preseason far exceeded that of Aaron Rodgers first preseason (53.0).

Therefore Love is better than a first ballot hall of fame QB right?  

3 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

If you want to judge QB’s strictly by numbers in preseason, then Jordan Love’s passer rating of 89.1 in his first preseason far exceeded that of Aaron Rodgers first preseason (53.0).

Therefore Love is better than a first ballot hall of fame QB right?  

Never said Love can't get better, he very well could and probably will.  

Not gonna compare Love to anyone at this point. I will say MLF's offense is supposedly more QB friendly than MM's so don't know how you would factor that in. Right or wrong, all you can do is evaluate Love on a per game basis, or as Packer fans would do, play by play basis. I don't care about coming away with points at this stage. Decision making would be my biggest concern right now. People can disagree all they want, but mis-reading a disguised defense is a teaching moment, throwing it up for grabs on 1st and 10 near the red zone is a WTF moment. Also, if anyone can tell me where the pass was going if you freeze the video at 7:18, I'd be interested in knowing. He got very lucky that wasn't picked as well. All that said, what will Love's career turn out to be ? No one has the first damn clue at this point.

Edited by cannondale

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Love took the "we want you to let it rip" too literally. That's why he threw that. He was being told all week to let it rip, so that was his mindset. I have zero concerns about that pass long term.

If they have to teach him that "let it rip" doesn't mean throwing into 4 defenders at the goal line, he's even further behind than I thought.

• Like 1