1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Label me optimistic about Love's future.  With us or anyone else.  Kid has "it".

Also, kudos to our management to not rush him onto the field this year.  He isn't ready.  But, first glimpses of him are favorable in my book.  There's something to work with there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think someone posted this in another thread, but someone in the media has floated out that Love might get playing time this season in blowouts and easy match-ups. If he can get quality snaps in regular season games in which he's consistently playing quality opponents, we can then continue the discussion further from what we've seen on the surface in these preseason games.

I think you can count on that.  The problem will be if its a Packer blowout, he'll just be handing off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Label me optimistic about Love's future.  With us or anyone else.  Kid has "it".

Also, kudos to our management to not rush him onto the field this year.  He isn't ready.  But, first glimpses of him are favorable in my book.  There's something to work with there.

One could make the case that Rodgers wasn't ready his first year either. We went 6-10 with a very good roster. I think Jordan Love could do better than 6-11 or 7-10 with this roster for sure. 

He'd be ready to take this group to the playoffs next year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One could make the case that Rodgers wasn't ready his first year either. We went 6-10 with a very good roster. I think Jordan Love could do better than 6-11 or 7-10 with this roster for sure. 

How about this group, without Adams, Tonyan, Z Smith and P Smith?

Enjoy this team now, it is going to look different next year.

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How about this group, without Adams, Tonyan, Z Smith and P Smith?

Enjoy this team now, it is going to look different next year.

I think there will be a few more who don't come back either. It is going to be a different deal next year for sure. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

eh, I bet 2/4 are back on the 2022 team

If I had to guess it would be Z and Tonyan. Unless they get Adams done this week and reduce his number this year, I don't see how you can add that contract to an already tough cap situation. 

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I think you can count on that.  The problem will be if its a Packer blowout, he'll just be handing off.

Agreed, I'd hope we could see him at the start of a 3rd quarter where we're up, but it's not necessarily a blowout. Before the bye, I'm looking at a cupcake against the Lions Week 2, the Bengals Week 5, the Cardinals Week 8, and possibly the WFT Week 7 as he would face one of the better defenses in the league. It wouldn't make much sense to give him much non-garbage time after the bye simply due to the difficulty of the schedule. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Except Rodgers wasn't expected to play immediately the way it was intended for Love. Things have significantly changed over the past 7 years in the league and QB's are getting less time to sit and wait their turn. Obviously, the culture now is that if you're going to draft one within the first 50 picks he'd better be ready to start at a moment's notice. We all know Love is not ready for that within the least regardless of how we feel about him over the long-term.

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's why we better win it all this year.  I'd gladly take that tradeoff .. championship this year .. gutting of the team next year.

"Gutting" would not be the term I'd use TBH. As we've discussed before on the topic: we'll have a better clue as to where the salary cap and players contract numbers will be midway through the season.

@Joe it doesn't make the culture correct to throw young guys into the mix when they aren't ready. Look at Darnold and Rosen. Nearly ruined Darnold, tbd and it did ruin Rosen. 

The odds of success go up exponentially if a QB coming out of college can sit a while. Tua sat for most of last year. 

Let's put it this way, Green Bay had a ton of success grooming Rodgers. The same plan for Love is not going to hurt the kid sitting for a while. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

@Joe it doesn't make the culture correct to throw young guys into the mix when they aren't ready. Look at Darnold and Rosen. Nearly ruined Darnold, tbd and it did ruin Rosen. 

The odds of success go up exponentially if a QB coming out of college can sit a while. Tua sat for most of last year. 

Let's put it this way, Green Bay had a ton of success grooming Rodgers. The same plan for Love is not going to hurt the kid sitting for a while. 

I'm sure you meant Mike McCarthy and numerous years of QB school

I want Love to succeed but the takes thinking we have a sure fire stud are hilarious. He's proven nothing and looked okay in his limited action. Lets just hope the packers can get another 2 years out of Rodgers before we have to turn the keys over. Slamming your window shut is never a good idea in any sport when you have an all timer on it. 

Edited by PackFan13