1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

58 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is why I want to see him take meaningful snaps in Week 2, 5, 7, and 8. .

Unless you consider taking a knee or handing the ball off a few times as "meaningful", Love isn't seeing anything "meaningful" snap wise unless....well....I won't say it.

45 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Ahh, the ol' "Bench your MVP in the first quarter of a Week 2 game against a division rival" strategy. Yes, I can definitely see the coaches going for that.

New England did this with Brady all the time. When Mitch Trubisky is great in the preseason and crap during the regular season, you have to get your so-called QB of the future some quality regular season snaps.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

New England did this with Brady all the time. When Mitch Trubisky is great in the preseason and crap during the regular season, you have to get your so-called QB of the future some quality regular season snaps.

I've no clue how often NE gave the backup QB snaps during the regular season (but suspect it wasnt often.....) - however, Brady got his potential replacement traded out of town - so the "lets give the QB of the future snaps" - wasnt widespread.

Edited by Leader

I’m not defending my statements anymore by the way.

From now on I’m just going to grace you with my opinion on things and then ignore everyone who disagrees.

If people agree with me I might like it.

Otherwise I’m not getting into it with anyone anymore.

Especially not people who can attempt fifty yard field goals.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not defending my statements anymore by the way.

From now on I’m just going to grace you with my opinion on things and then ignore everyone who disagrees.

If people agree with me I might like it.

Otherwise I’m not getting into it with anyone anymore.

Especially not people who can attempt fifty yard field goals.

How much of your income is spent on therapy?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe said:

This is why I want to see him take meaningful snaps in Week 2, 5, 7, and 8. All of those games should be wins as is, but more importantly we can afford to have Love manage a series or two early in those games when the other team has their starters on the field and Love is working with the 1's again as he did pre-Rodgers return.

You lost me here brother. There is no given as far as wins go in the NFL. Jordan Love, who I'm a huge fan of, should not get meaningful snaps in the regular season unless Aaron gets hurt. We're all in this year and certainly do not want this to happen. 

Jordan Love should play in mop up. It would be great if some of that mop up were early enough for him to actually get to throw a few passes and make some checks at the LOS. Other than that, his playing time is over for the year. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Find religion, post about it on Facebook and maybe you can get on the roster or practice squad!

Outpost finding religion and god is the key to our superbowl victory, he needs to make every game thread this year and they have to be religious themed. Devito failed us, now it's gods turn.

• Like 1

There's no way to do this in half-measures guys.  Do you know who the current starting QB for the Green Bay Packers is?  You put Love on the field for any reason but injury or kneel-down duty and Rodgers is never playing another snap in Green Bay.  I absolutely believe he would burn the whole organization down just at the suggestion of ceding playing time to Love.

If you're replacing Rodgers, you either believe you have the guy or you don't.  You're not going to get some extended trial where he proves he's the heir apparent, and Rodgers gracefully acquiesces the throne to make way.  Love has the arm talent and the pocket movement to make you feel good about the attempt; there's very little if any ceiling with Love, even if the floor is DeShone Kizer.  How coachable he is, what his locker and meeting room presence is, how obsessive is his desire; all of that only the people in the building really know, but it is a known quantity to the people making the call.  So is he the guy, or isn't he?  Because the last bit, maybe the biggest bit, you won't ever know until he steps on the field for real: does he have the ability to bring all of this together on the field on Sunday?  You find that out when he steps on the field - on Sunday - and never before. 

The stage is certainly set for them to make that move next year.  If I were forced to read the tea leaves, I'd say everything points to the Packers moving on from Rodgers.  They kept every piece they possibly could, and re-structured to spend everything they had left.  They brought back an old friend for a year, which has a real "lavish gifts because this is the last go, and we both know it, so let's do it big" energy to it.  Meanwhile they surprise re-sign the young RB, which has a real "you're about to be the starter so here's a shiny thing to keep defenses from focusing on you with laser intensity" energy to it.

This is what it looks like when a couple that's been together for a long time knows things are about to end, and it's kinda bad between them, they've decided to divorce behind closed doors, but their kid is getting married so they can't say anything yet.  They low-key hate each other, but it's more an angry fester than a hot boil, and they both love the kid so they don't want to upstage them and that plus the sudden space in their lives (now that they spend their private time alone) drives real civility.  They make it to wedding day, and their simmering hatred has died down even further, giving way to a kind of begrudging respect.  They even bring gifts for each other to the wedding, exchanged just beforehand; a favorite receiver and an earlier void year- I mean, signed divorce papers.  The split is official, and they both feel better for it, but it is a split; that the rest of their worlds haven't yet been notified doesn't change the significance.  Six months later they're both publicly with someone new, the world moves on, things go as they will.

Or I might be projecting, or uh, or something.  Anyhoooo, I think they're gonna roll with Love in 2022.  Is my point.

Edited by MrBobGray
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

There's no way to do this in half-measures guys.  Do you know who the current starting QB for the Green Bay Packers is?  You put Love on the field for any reason but injury or kneel-down duty and Rodgers is never playing another snap in Green Bay.  I absolutely believe he would burn the whole organization down just at the suggestion of ceding playing time to Love.

This ^

No way you can "time share" the QB position at this juncture.