1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

55 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Again, this idea that Love hasn't shown arm strength is absurd. He throws easy like Mahomes and it makes the velo look deceptive. Tyrann Mathieu jumped an out route that 100% is a pick 6 if Love didn't have juice in his arm. 

You are funny.  Love has yet to make a throw that makes someone think of elite Mahomes, or AR12.   As bad as Fields has been for Chicago, he makes plays every game that show high level arm talent.  Still waiting for one of these from Love.

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Certainly possible.  Interested to see how you make the contract and cap work.

It can be done, especially with the cap about to take a huge increase in the next couple years. I'm not saying I would bet the house on it, but I feel pretty good about it happening. 

14 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Where there's a will there's a way.  Dollars can always be manipulated for any outcome ... just takes 2 to tango.  

I guess I'm trying to see the way it can work to bring Rodgers back and retain the pieces for a legit contending team.

21 hours ago, BAM said:

Dak vs KC
28/43 216 yds 0 tds 2 ints 57.9
Love vs KC
19/34 190 yds 1 td 1 int 69.5

Maybe Love's 1st start deserves a 2nd look from those that want to write him off after K.C.

It does, and certainly after the way KC's defense embarrassed Mike McCarthy and Dak out there, obviously the notion that they got the NFL's worst unit has been debunked.

Anyway, I have to agree that I don't see arm strength as an issue for him.  I think he lacks timing and anticipation though for NFL level throws since he was missing those back shoulder and quick out throws to Adams, as well as accuracy.

8 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

It can be done, especially with the cap about to take a huge increase in the next couple years. I'm not saying I would bet the house on it, but I feel pretty good about it happening. 

Who you releasing to get things under the cap to keep/extend Rodgers?

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Who you releasing to get things under the cap to keep/extend Rodgers?

Well you def don't bring Z back, but also it's just how you structure the money. You back load it to the years when the new TV deal comes in and the cap takes a big jump. You could do it with Adams too if you wanted to. Out of all the things that would keep 12 from being a Packer next year money isn't it.

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Well you def don't bring Z back, but also it's just how you structure the money. You back load it to the years when the new TV deal comes in and the cap takes a big jump. You could do it with Adams too if you wanted to. Out of all the things that would keep 12 from being a Packer next year money isn't it.

I don't like Tom Brady, but two things Tom Brady does better than Aaron Rodgers

1. Works harder to get and stay better

2. Put his own money on the negotiating table to accumulate talent for him to play with.

Rodgers is more self-centered, which is his right in this multi-billion business. It does make the threading the needle on a dire salary cap situation much more difficult.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, hitnhope said:

You are funny.  Love has yet to make a throw that makes someone think of elite Mahomes, or AR12.   As bad as Fields has been for Chicago, he makes plays every game that show high level arm talent.  Still waiting for one of these from Love.

I don't know what more you want.  Kid has had one game.

And @beekay414 told you about the Matthieu play, one that Tyrann set up Love.  And the arm strength defeated it.

It didn't jump out at you because it was effortless.

Telling yah, that is the saving grace to Love.  The ball rockets out of his hand so effortlessly that it doesn't look powerful, but it really is.  It is a great trait to have.

I've watched enough Fields to see that he has a strong arm.  And when it has jumped out on tape, it is because his whole body torques to make it look like a fastball.

Love isn't that way, and this is no slight on Fields.  But Love throws a better, more natural ball.

• Like 1