1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, packfanfb said:

You trade up for special players at any position other than ST. As you just saw, JJ is a probably a top 5 WR in the league right now. 

I'll take JJ and Rodgers for the next 5 years, you can have Love and Dillon. Put whoever else around them you want and I'll take my team over yours.

No...you don't and that's 100% using hindsight. We literally had debates, here, on Justin Jefferson's viability as anything other than a slot guy and I was one of his biggest supporters. I'm still not giving that up for a WR. You don't win because of first round WRs and you certainly don't win giving up that kind of price for one.

Good thing football isn't just about the next "five years." Nice arbitrary time period btw. Good luck sustaining success by being the LA Rams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

No...you don't and that's 100% using hindsight. We literally had debates, here, on Justin Jefferson's viability as anything other than a slot guy and I was one of his biggest supporters. I'm still not giving that up for a WR. You don't win because of first round WRs and you certainly don't win giving up that kind of price for one.

Good thing football isn't just about the next "five years." Nice arbitrary time period btw. Good luck sustaining success by being the LA Rams.

I LOVED JJ. My absolute top target that year. Still never dreamed he would be this good. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Exactly. My two guys were JJ and Love. Nobody thought JJ would be this good so the idea that you'd be trading up for a "special" talent is 100% hindsight. 

It's weird that those were my top two. Once JJ went I started texting people we're getting Love for sure, while still not expecting it. Had no idea anyone else wanted those two as their guys. Nice

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's weird that those were my top two. Once JJ went I started texting people we're getting Love for sure, while still not expecting it. Had no idea anyone else wanted those two as their guys. Nice

Yep. I was on here talking about JJ and Love pretty much exclusively that draft process. I do believe that Javon Kinlaw was the only other guy I really targeted but wasn't on the same level of a love affair as Jordan and JJ (no pun intended).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. I was on here talking about JJ and Love pretty much exclusively that draft process. I do believe that Javon Kinlaw was the only other guy I really targeted but wasn't on the same level of a love affair as Jordan and JJ (no pun intended).

Pittman was my other guy that I remember but I didn't want him in the first. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You trade up for special players at any position other than ST. As you just saw, JJ is a probably a top 5 WR in the league right now. 

I'll take JJ and Rodgers for the next 5 years, you can have Love and Dillon. Put whoever else around them you want and I'll take my team over yours.

That's a LOT of hindsight going on here.  NOBODY thought Justin Jefferson was going to be this good, this quick.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:45 PM, hitnhope said:

I think many have too strong a case of seeing what they want to see.   IMO Love hasn't really shown above average arm strength as of yet.   You are putting a lot of weight into one throw that really was nothing but a bad decsion.

I would really like to be wrong, but cant agree on Love showing more than Fields,  I'd really like to see Love throw some passes that dont appear tentative.   Just let it rip and see what he has.   I hope what he has is a lot more than what has been made evident thus far.

Love's arm strength isn't an issue.  I can't believe we're having to even discuss this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's a LOT of hindsight going on here.  NOBODY thought Justin Jefferson was going to be this good, this quick.

Meh, it's not hindsight to say JJ was going to be really good. Would have been my first WR on the board that year. Also, here's the thing...he didn't have to be this good to make the impact he would have made on this team. 

Imagine him with 17 and 83 as your speed guy? Lol, it wouldn't be fair.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Meh, it's not hindsight to say JJ was going to be really good. Would have been my first WR on the board that year. Also, here's the thing...he didn't have to be this good to make the impact he would have made on this team. 

Yes.  I don't think anyone projected Justin Jefferson to be one of the best WRs as a rookie.  He was arguably a top 5 WR as a rookie.  NOBODY predicted him to be this good this quick.  You might have thought that he was going to be that good sometime down the line, but not this quickly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You were a Jalen Reagor guy. Cut it out lol.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You were a Jalen Reagor guy. Cut it out lol.

Oh I did like Reagor and thought he'd be there at 26 as an option. I thought JJ was going top 10-15. When he fell to 20+ we should have pounced. At least we "tried" according to reports to go up and get him so I can respect that, but who knows what we offered. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Oh I did like Reagor and thought he'd be there at 26 as an option. I thought JJ was going top 10-15. When he fell to 20+ we should have pounced. At least we "tried" according to reports to go up and get him so I can respect that, but who knows what we offered. 

Literal quote from you in the 2020 draft thread.

I don't see a trade up. The only two WRs worth trading up for are Jeudy and Lamb and both would require trading up to the 10-15 range meaning we'd have to sell a lot in the deal. I wouldn't make any type of trade for Ruggs or Jefferson, not even a few spots

So quit talking out of your ***

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Literal quote from you in the 2020 draft thread.

So quit talking out of your ***

Lmao, do I live in your head this much that you keep the receipts ready? I also said closer to the draft in the same thread that if JJ hit 20 you go get him. Feel free to quote that one too.