1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, packfanfb said:

Lmao, do I live in your head this much that you keep the receipts ready? I also said closer to the draft in the same thread that if JJ hit 20 you go get him. Feel free to quote that one too. 

That post was from April 21st, two days before the draft lmao. Sit down, you revisionist.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean you think Lazard is a No. 2 WR man, but I don't need to quote you, you know it's there. 

Yeah, that's it, deflect, my guy. 

And I just went back through the last 12 pages of that thread, after you said you wouldn't even trade up a few spots for Jefferson, and, shocker, not a single mention from you to go up and get him. 

You got caught, just own up.

I did find this little tidbit in the actual draft thread on the day of.

Where you said you wouldn't be surprised, if Gute likes him, if he went up and got him but nowhere did you say you go get him.

Edited by beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, that's it, deflect, my guy. 

And I just went back through the last 12 pages of that thread, after you said you wouldn't even trade up a few spots for Jefferson, and, shocker, not a single mention from you to go up and get him. 

You got caught, just own up.

...It's on page 5 bro. I don't know how to do the quote thing from old threads. Feel free to check it out if needed. 

Or this where your first preference was to trade back and your second preference was to go up and get JJ.

So context matters, my guy. You chalked it up as you thought Jefferson was a special prospect and had him as a top 10-15 player, yet two days before the draft, you wouldn't move up to get him, not even a few spots. It wasn't until the media hype of Gute potentially wanting him that you started to come around on it. Yet, here you are playing it off like he was your dude and you knew he was special.

I'll do your research for ya too, no problem.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Love's arm strength isn't an issue.  I can't believe we're having to even discuss this.

Why?  He has shown poor accuracy and little arm strength both during preseason and against KC.

He certainly doesnt have the kind of arm strength we have become use to for the last 20+ years.   He hasn't shown the kind of accuracy that typically makes up for not having a gun.

Many here over rate him as a prospect.  Doesn't mean he won't turn out good, but those who speak with certainty about his future are basing it more out of hope than actual performance.   

If we had selected him later, and without trading an added pick, it would have been a good move.   But what we did was IMO a mistake.  Said it at draft time, and believe it even stronger as we have seen how things shook out.   It put a wedge between the team and a HOF player, and did nothing to help our chances of getting to a SB while we had a strong opportunity.

• Like 1

I scanned the first 15 pages for myself.  I think I didn't really like anyone in that draft.  Or at least where we were picking. 

I think I liked:  Ross Blacklock, Raekwon Davis, Trevon Diggs, and Antoine Winfield Jr.  But trading back for all of them.  I think I would have been fine with Patrick Queen, Chase Claypool, or Tee Higgins.  Probably mad at Cole Kmet, Laviska Shenault, or any of the WRs not already selected or mentioned.  But for argument's sake, lets just make me the guy that wanted to take Jeff Gladney.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I scanned the first 15 pages for myself.  I think I didn't really like anyone in that draft.  Or at least where we were picking. 

I think I liked:  Ross Blacklock, Raekwon Davis, Trevon Diggs, and Antoine Winfield Jr.  But trading back for all of them.  I think I would have been fine with Patrick Queen, Chase Claypool, or Tee Higgins.  Probably mad at Cole Kmet, Laviska Shenault, or any of the WRs not already selected or mentioned.  But for argument's sake, lets just make me the guy that wanted to take Jeff Gladney.  

Looking back at who got drafted that year i think I wished we were the dolphins. Tough being the smartest guy in the room.

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I always felt we should have taken Tom Brady in the first round.

I was flipping tables for him in the 5th that year. You can look for my old post on draft day, but it's from when I lived in Hungary and then there was a war and the forum servers burned down so it's probably not there anymore. 

• Like 1