1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I always wondered if this completely ruined him, or he was never going to amount to anything to begin with.  Guessing it's the latter.

It's tough to say - sometimes people are at they are; sometimes a player can take to good coaching and eliminate bad habits or mechanics and become more serviceable than they otherwise would have been.

And in Pro Sports where the margins are thin maybe that small Edge helps someone's career last longer than it otherwise would have

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Gute is a great GM. As much as I disliked the Love pick, its hard to deny his track record outside of that. He's a Jedi Master in free agency compared to TT. Ron Wolf was more than a great GM, he was a legendary GM. One of the greatest of all time, and his legacy still can be felt to this day.

Yet he (Wolf)was awful with his first round draft picks. He was also very good at later round bargains (Driver and Tauscher were 7th rounders). He was also something of a showman, not a bad thing, just his personality. I'd give Wolf the edge on later picks, and Gute the edge in FA quality, mainly due to the numbers of good additions...........but when Wolf went for a vet pickup he could get an absolute doozy (Brett and Reggie).

Sadly, Wolf's way of doing business and the changing financial world worked against him at the end of his career (as he himself said), but he did change the entire culture of Green Bay in a few years (helped considerably by the support of Harlan). Wolf did start from a lower team 'base' than Gute, so his steady transformation was very impressive.

An all-time great ? I don't bestow those accolades lightly, but he was at the very least a talented GM who was absolutely what the Packers wanted at that time, a perfect fit.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

4 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

We probably need to draft two WRs at minimum

elephant in room.........if the right QB is there, do we institute the Josh Rosen clause and Kyler Murray Love?

as if offseason couldnt have any more drama.

Edited by HeresAGuy

9 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

elephant in room.........if the right QB is there, do we institute the Josh Rosen clause and Kyler Murray Love?

as if offseason couldnt have any more drama.

Give love a shot and if he plays Rosen-like you take a QB the next year, with better draft position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't envy the guy. Following up Favre/Rodgers, and is likely going to have zero WR talent. At tleast the line and RB's will be good.

Will the line be good? There is a good chance Bak is never the same player and the way Jones contract is structured there's no way we keep him past next year. I'm prettt sure Billy Turner is a free agent next year too isnt he?

1 hour ago, ifeelasleep said:

Give love a shot and if he plays Rosen-like you take a QB the next year, with better draft position.

What if they already know he's no good? It's not like we've heard glowing reviews about him. Do you just let him start the full year anyways?