1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

What if they already know he's no good? It's not like we've heard glowing reviews about him. Do you just let him start the full year anyways?

Yes.  He's your 2022 starting QB for the Green Bay Packers unless Aaron Rodgers returns.  You'll sign a veteran QB like Andy Dalton, and you'll probably see the Packers invest a Day 3 pick into a QB. That's your QB room: Love, vet FA, and Day 3 pick.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  He's your 2022 starting QB for the Green Bay Packers unless Aaron Rodgers returns.  You'll sign a veteran QB like Andy Dalton, and you'll probably see the Packers invest a Day 3 pick into a QB. That's your QB room: Love, vet FA, and Day 3 pick.

I'm talking about what if he's so bad he's borderline unplayable and they know it. Wasn't exactly an encouraging sign he was inactive his whole first year and he hasn't looked very good in the roughly 3 games we've seen him play. I know this year is a bad draft for QBs, but can you really go into next year with him as the unquestioned starter with almost no real competition?

Just now, StatKing said:

I'm talking about what if he's so bad he's borderline unplayable and they know it. Wasn't exactly an encouraging sign he was inactive his whole first year and he hasn't looked very good in the roughly 3 games we've seen him play. I know this year is a bad draft for QBs, but can you really go into next year with him as the unquestioned starter with almost no real competition?

They'll run him out there regardless.  And there's nothing that could possibly make them know he is a bust.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

They'll run him out there regardless.  And there's nothing that could possibly make them know he is a bust.

They see him in practice and we don't. You don't have to be a football wizard to know that if the guy still cant hit the broadside of a barn in year 3 then he'll probably never improve.

Just now, StatKing said:

They see him in practice and we don't. You don't have to be a football wizard to know that if the guy still cant hit the broadside of a barn in year 3 then he'll probably never improve.

There's absolutely NOTHING in practice that you can safely assume that Love won't be good in an NFL game.  They're not even close.  You'll see players who are absolute studs in practice, and they can't even sniff the field.  We're going to see what Jordan Love has in him this year whether it be good or bad.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

There's absolutely NOTHING in practice that you can safely assume that Love won't be good in an NFL game.  They're not even close.  You'll see players who are absolute studs in practice, and they can't even sniff the field.  We're going to see what Jordan Love has in him this year whether it be good or bad.

Then what is the point of practice? If he can't make the throws in practice when everything is perfect then why would they feel comfortable he can do it in a game? If Rodgers leaves, and a QB like Strong or Howell drops to us late in the first I don't see a reason why we shouldn't take one of them. Andy Dalton and a day 3 QB aren't real competition.

Just now, StatKing said:

Then what is the point of practice? If he can't make the throws in practice when everything is perfect then why would they feel comfortable he can do it in a game? If Rodgers leaves, and a QB like Strong or Howell drops to us late in the first I don't see a reason why we shouldn't take one of them. Andy Dalton and a day 3 QB aren't real competition.

Did I miss when you were sitting out there watching him in practice?  And legit LOLing if you think Sam Howell is going to be an NFL QB.  He'll be out of the league before his rookie deal expires.  Hyperbole aside, he's not very good.  Carson Strong is interesting, but the medicals are a concern.  If he drops into that late Day 2, I'd consider taking him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Did I miss when you were sitting out there watching him in practice?  And legit LOLing if you think Sam Howell is going to be an NFL QB.  He'll be out of the league before his rookie deal expires.  Hyperbole aside, he's not very good.  Carson Strong is interesting, but the medicals are a concern.  If he drops into that late Day 2, I'd consider taking him.

Nobody on here has any clue how he looks in practice is what im saying. The kid is a complete wildcard. I'm not a huge college football guy so I'll trust your draft analysis on those guys but my point still stands, if we have the opportunity to bring in real competition we should do it. We shouldn't just make him the unquestioned starter going into next year.

Just now, StatKing said:

Nobody on here has any clue how he looks in practice is what im saying. The kid is a complete wildcard. I'm not a huge college football guy so I'll trust your draft analysis on those guys but my point still stands, if we have the opportunity to bring in real competition we should do it. We shouldn't just make him the unquestioned starter going into next year.

Yet you're already out here talking about how he "can't hit the broad side of the barn".  There really isn't going to be any real competition coming out of this year's draft.  I'm not nearly as high on Carson Strong as @beekay414 is, but this is not the draft class to take a QB.  Maybe you take one on Day 3 and hope you find a Chad Pennington-type of QB.  It's a bad class.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StatKing said:

What if they already know he's no good? It's not like we've heard glowing reviews about him. Do you just let him start the full year anyways?

If they know he's no good they'll have to swing a huge draft day trade because we're at the bottom of the first, I don't think Its worth it but it depends on their prospect evaluations

Edited by ifeelasleep

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yet you're already out here talking about how he "can't hit the broad side of the barn".  There really isn't going to be any real competition coming out of this year's draft.  I'm not nearly as high on Carson Strong as @beekay414 is, but this is not the draft class to take a QB.  Maybe you take one on Day 3 and hope you find a Chad Pennington-type of QB.  It's a bad class.

Don't know why everyone on this forum gets all up in arms whenever someone says anything slightly critical about Jordan Love. I'll accept my reputation as a Love hater, but let's not act like I'm not an equal opportunity hater. When I say Rodgers is an arrogant diva nobody bats an eye. Mention any flaws about Jordan Love and this place turns into WW3. I know this is a weak QB draft, I'm just saying if the opportunity presents itself we should take it. Nothing wrong with a little extra competition.

34 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Don't know why everyone on this forum gets all up in arms whenever someone says anything slightly critical about Jordan Love. I'll accept my reputation as a Love hater, but let's not act like I'm not an equal opportunity hater. When I say Rodgers is an arrogant diva nobody bats an eye. Mention any flaws about Jordan Love and this place turns into WW3. I know this is a weak QB draft, I'm just saying if the opportunity presents itself we should take it. Nothing wrong with a little extra competition.

You can't say anything definitive about Love yet .. the jury is still out until he plays a good handful of real games.   I think he at least gets that opportunity in GB.  

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

You okay? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Isherwood said:

You take your lumps with Love for one year and then you either have a high pick to take one in 2023 or you’ve seen enough good out of Love to roll with him. Tanking with Love in a year where you lost a bunch of vets anyways isn’t a bad way to go 

Yup.  Don't try to straddle the line.  If Rodgers is gone, you roll with love and see what happens.   Reassess after 2022 and go from there.  Reset the cap situation so you can reload/ rebuild quickly if you get a QB that works.

• Like 1