1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

15 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

IF Love gets injured at any point in the upcoming season who are we going for to back him up?

Option a) 3rd to 7th round rookie

Option b) we are getting in s cheap vet to take a spot ala Hoyer, Daniel, Flacco etc

Option c) we stick with Etling

Option d) we are drafting a QB in the first two rounds of the 2023 NFL draft!!!

We should grab a vet, for sure.  

Because if we roll with option C, Etling, he is going to play Love right back to the bench.

12 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Tossing with Keenan Allen too apparently

What a great article!  And I loved the videos.  It's crazy how much velocity he gets on the ball without really trying.  I'm not sure that his arm isn't stronger than Rodgers' right now.  

Looks like he is taking this off-season very seriously.  The article talks about coaching points from MLF that they are working on.

It is very exciting.  This is how you keep a franchise running smoothly.  You draft, train and develop your QBs.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Keenan Allen would be a nice veteran addition to the Packers.  One of the better route runners in the business.  His name comes up a lot when it comes to players who could be available.  

12 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Yeah, I wonder if Allen is just getting a workout and/or checking out Jordan Love?  

I thought Keenan re-did his deal to stay with the Chargers.

If you read the article, Allen is running GB routes for Love, then Love is throwing him Chargers' routes.  Kind of a quid pro quo thing going on.

And Doubs is there...Watson and Aaron Jones are coming soon.

This is highly, highly exciting!

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I thought Keenan re-did his deal to stay with the Chargers.

If you read the article, Allen is running GB routes for Love, then Love is throwing him Chargers' routes.  Kind of a quid pro quo thing going on.

And Doubs is there...Watson and Aaron Jones are coming soon.

This is highly, highly exciting!

You are correct, Allen restructured his contract with the Chargers.   Still cool that Love, Allen and the Packer players are working on stuff.  👍

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

What a great article!  And I loved the videos.  It's crazy how much velocity he gets on the ball without really trying.  I'm not sure that his arm isn't stronger than Rodgers' right now.  

Looks like he is taking this off-season very seriously.  The article talks about coaching points from MLF that they are working on.

It is very exciting.  This is how you keep a franchise running smoothly.  You draft, train and develop your QBs.  

I don't know about anyone else, but I think Bill Huber is the best of the Packers beat writing bunch ... he's pretty prolific and has some of the most interesting stuff.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

The twitter videos or what?

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

The twitter videos or what?

Yes.  I know they are edited, obviously, but there are a lot of little things to take away from them.  Effortless velocity.  His drops.  It's a little thing, but I look at footwork and the "line".  Is it straight, or does he slide a little to the left or right on the drops?  What I saw was straight.  His mechanicals look outstanding.  

The footwork and velocity are what pops out to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I’ll wait to see year 1, week in week out product but I’m excited for the guy. We have seen solid growth in the little glimpses we got last year. Let’s see if he can apply that talent to full speed NFL snaps and the mind games opposing DCs will play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just watched this 4x in a row. So much pretty.

Pretty.  So pretty.  I could watch that play all day long.

The OL looked great.  Tyler Davis getting across the backfield to be an extra protector (while keeping his feet moving).  Doubs route to occupy the safety.  The RB trying to leak out into the left flat.  Watson screaming across the middle.  Love's footwork.  Rhythm throw.  Absolute laser shot right on target.

Then Watson doing Watson things.  Jenkins celebrating with Love.

I'm getting misty eyed over here.

• Like 1