1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

9 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Okay so grade: TBD.

Rodgers' contract is up after 2024, leaving us with the 5th year option on Jordan Love. There is already a CBA so there is a Franchise Tag option then as well.

There aren't any weapons left that are head and shoulders better than what should be there in round 2.

He sits unless Rodgers is trash, gets hurt,  or his contract expires after 2024.

But we do have a backup QB and future at the position again. 

Realistically speaking, the soonest you're going to get out of Rodgers contract is after the 2021 season.  I think you target for 2022 for Love to take over.

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

Didn't you just grade him as a late 3rd rounder?

Yes.  Doesn't mean I have to like the value.  The board is rough.  There's enough question about Mims.  There's clearly something being flagged on Josh Jones if he's still on the board at the end of the night.  I don't buy the Love hype, but if the Packers' FO and coaching staff believe they can turn him into a franchise QB I'm going to put my optimistic hat on.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers is getting cut way before 2024, you don't trade up for a 5 year backup QB.

This move is the realization that Rodgers will retire with another team.

Hes gonna be a 2-3 year backup QB. 4 if Rodgers is still worth the money. It’s okay to have a 1st round QB sit for 2-4 years as long as you are getting value from Rodgers in the meantime. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, that is not true. He was thought to be in the running for the 1st overall pick. 

Go back a year ago and see where Love was projected before he lost his coach, his top 4 receiving options, his starting RB and 4 of his offensive lineman. Dude got dealt a ****ty hand this year. The kid is GOOD and I'd take him at 26 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before I took Herbert at 6.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Love has more arm talent in his armpit hair than Hundley had in his entire body.

I wasn't referring to the arm strength. I was referring to him looking at his target like a 13 yo boy looking a swim suite calendar. That's what Hundley did and intercepted a lot.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Aaron Rodgers was at one point considered the top pick. Jordan Love peaked as the 4th best QB in this draft

Yeah, that ALWAYS matters. Come on, I'm guessing you don't know anything about Jordan Love. Pat Mahomes wasn't even considered a 1st round talent when the process started. Then he started rocketing up draft boards. This is just a bad take. 

The only take, is the Packers take this position serious and want a succession plan in place and they have one. Will it work out like Rodgers did? Hard to tell and a big fricking ask, but don't act like this kid is trash. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just love the saltiness of everyone telling Norm, AG and I all year we were ****ing stupid for thinking Rodgers was going downhill and now the Packers coaching staff is essentially agreeing and they just cannot handle it. 

Or, they realize QBs are a premium and he's a 36 year old and can groom his successor like they did with Rodgers.

Or that our season is over if Rodgers gets hurt as we have no backup.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

A year ago Love was in the conversation for #1 overall, TBF.  Then USU lost all their offensive talent except him and Joe Burrow went super sayin.

No, he wasn't. Tua and Herbert have literally always been ahead of him

• Like 2