1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, that is not true. He was thought to be in the running for the 1st overall pick. 

Yeah it’s true because everyone had the same thoughts... get Favre weapons. What are they doing.

Gute is a Ted guy. He isn’t going to be held hostage by an aging QB. 

People thought Brian Brohm was better than Rodgers just one year later. People weren’t high on him in packer land. They fear the tedford curse etc.

Everyone can stop rewriting history now that Rodgers is a HOFer 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

It already has spoken a lot about our coach. He was over the moon with excitement after he called Love to tell him. That speaks volumes about where he's at in the whole process. 

I can call Jordan Love and talk to him on the phone. What does that show about a HC? Can he develop him?

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Big ****en deal.

Conner Cook was talked about being potentially the #1 pick his sophomore year.  Malachi Dupre was talked about being a first round pick after his sophomore year.  Love had a piss poor year in a horrid conference.  It's like we just spent a first round pick on Deshone Kizer.  Big Arm,  athletic but we've got to virtually ignore this entire last year in college because he's got a baseball between his ears.  

You have no idea how this pick is going to pan out. Acting like it's a forgone bust just makes you look stupid.

So many fans are being so short sighted about this.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Go back a year ago and see where Love was projected before he lost his coach, his top 4 receiving options, his starting RB and 4 of his offensive lineman. Dude got dealt a ****ty hand this year. The kid is GOOD and I'd take him at 26 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before I took Herbert at 6.

I'm mostly pissed that Gute just ****ed up my board in the draft contest lol.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is the smartest, dumb move ever.

Dumb, but smart, but dumb.

I just started reading this thread......so, if you've not already clarified this comment....I'm gonna ask you for it when I get caught up  :)

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I can call Jordan Love and talk to him on the phone. What does that show about a HC? Can he develop him?

My point was I think this was as much about LaFleur's relationship with Rodgers. LaFleur is betting on himself.