2020 Draft Round One Recap - Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

As a Packers fan, would gladly swap our draft with yours ...

At least you guys have a relevant need at QB. Not so much now, but for the future. We have no need, even if you squint as hard as you can for now, or the future. I need a difference maker at 53. We are in NO position as a roster, to take a luxury pick like this. We have current and future holes up and down this roster. It's the next day, and the sting has not worn off at all. Knowing the talent that was available there, it literally cost me sleep this morning.

26 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

At least you guys have a relevant need at QB. Not so much now, but for the future. We have no need, even if you squint as hard as you can for now, or the future. I need a difference maker at 53. We are in NO position as a roster, to take a luxury pick like this. We have current and future holes up and down this roster. It's the next day, and the sting has not worn off at all. Knowing the talent that was available there, it literally cost me sleep this morning.

Yep.

I'm sure you'll agree the PHI secondary is a weakness. Your rival has taken an absolute stud steal at WR in round 1, he'll be going against your THIRD ranked DB - due to Cooper and Gallup. I really think PHI needed to go CB. It's not just about facing 1 team of course, but there were some options available there in the secondary to address a weakness. Also a few good WRs left.

20 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yep.

I'm sure you'll agree the PHI secondary is a weakness. Your rival has taken an absolute stud steal at WR in round 1, he'll be going against your THIRD ranked DB - due to Cooper and Gallup. I really think PHI needed to go CB. It's not just about facing 1 team of course, but there were some options available there in the secondary to address a weakness. Also a few good WRs left.

I was smitten with the fact that Fulton was still there. Like none of us Eagles fans could believe it. Him added to Darius Slay, Maddox, Robey-Coleman would've be so dreamy. He could be our future CB1. And yes, getting a pair of Reagor and Mims would've had me on cloud 9. And the fact that Dallas is absolutely crushing the draft. Just what an awful 3 days. And I love Reagor. He's been my avatar for weeks and we actually took him. Couldn't believe it actually happened. Was jumping for joy in front of my TV. Taking Hurts at 53 almost completely depletes all happiness from the Reagor selection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I was smitten with the fact that Fulton was still there. Like none of us Eagles fans could believe it. Him added to Darius Slay, Maddox, Robey-Coleman would've be so dreamy. He could be our future CB1. And yes, getting a pair of Reagor and Mims would've had me on cloud 9. And the fact that Dallas is absolutely crushing the draft. Just what an awful 3 days. And I love Reagor. He's been my avatar for weeks and we actually took him. Couldn't believe it actually happened. Was jumping for joy in front of my TV. Taking Hurts at 53 almost completely depletes all happiness from the Reagor selection.

I was pretty happy about Fulton making it to the Titans.  Helped a meh first round.

Hurts shocked me almost as much as Love did.  I was wondering if there was something I was missing about the Eagles, or if people are just smitten with taking QBs-that-don't-know-mechanics-yet early, and when they don't have a need for a QB.

44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was pretty happy about Fulton making it to the Titans.  Helped a meh first round.

Hurts shocked me almost as much as Love did.  I was wondering if there was something I was missing about the Eagles, or if people are just smitten with taking QBs-that-don't-know-mechanics-yet early, and when they don't have a need for a QB.

You should be stoked about getting Fulton man. Dude's a baller especially as what a late 2nd rounder? Potential future CB1 and can prob be comfortable with him being CB2 his rookie year. I'm burnt out on the Hurts pick. I'm just trying to get over it and accept it.

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

We made the Championship game but have some glaring holes at WR, DL plus other needs at CB, ILB. Rodgers is pretty much locked in for at least 2 years so picking Love was a luxury pick. At least you got Reagor. After 4 rounds we have a backup QB, a 3rd string RB and a fullback.

16 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

We made the Championship game but have some glaring holes at WR, DL plus other needs at CB, ILB. Rodgers is pretty much locked in for at least 2 years so picking Love was a luxury pick. At least you got Reagor. After 4 rounds we have a backup QB, a 3rd string RB and a fullback.

I feel you. I probably agree with you after today.