2020 Draft Round One Recap - Winners and losers

RaidersAreOne

I think looking at it 

in general I think all the teams had overall a great day drafting. 

I feel like it was really balanced, no bad trades really, no huge reaches besides Arenette. And even he fits their culture and what they’ve been doing. 

I think this offseason is making people act more controlled so far based on the first round. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

The Broncos made out like bandits getting Juedy at #15.

Broncos and Cowboys are winners for sure.

Not gonna judge the Seahawks because that player probably will be good somehow.

Awful first round for the Jaguars and Raiders, not sure what the hell they were doing there.

Biggest loser has to be ESPN's coverage. Instead of listing prospects strengths/weakness, they list things like "Lost both parents in a house fire" or "Lived in sewer for the first 10 years of his life".

Hell, I think they spent more time about the situation with Jordan Love's dad than they did breaking down Jordan Love's game. Just bad.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Biggest loser has to be ESPN's coverage. Instead of listing prospects strengths/weakness, they list things like "Lost both parents in a house fire" or "Lived in sewer for the first 10 years of his life".

Hell, I think they spent more time about the situation with Jordan Love's dad than they did breaking down Jordan Love's game. Just bad.

Yeah wtf is all that about? Anything for drama.

A. Jackson and N. Igbinoghene are raw. Jackson is still 20 years old. Igbin is super athletic and is just scratching the surface. He's even 6 months younger than Jackson, and has only played CB for 2 seasons. This isn't about next year; it's about 2021 and beyond. Tua doesn't even have to play in 2020.

I'm surprised some people in here thought we were winners. I turned the broadcast off and went for a walk when the Kinlaw pick was in, trying to forget I just wasted an hour of my life. 49ers need another weapon for that offense. Sanders went to New Orleans, and before he arrived midway last season the receivers were struggling to get open. So...I guess Samus is the main guy now, but after that it's Bourne who is average, Pettis (bust), Hurd (draft pick last year who didn't play due to injury), Trent Taylor (been injured for like 2 years now), and Richie James (just another guy). This was a chance to get a gamebreaker on offense to further open things up, and make things easier on Jimmy. They have Aiyuk yeah, but they could have had Jeudy or Lamb without having to trade up for either of them. Kinlaw helps boost the defensive line, but I don't see a player like that for this team at this time as big a needle mover as another offensive weapon would be. I'd give us a D+ on day 1. 

Edited by PapaShogun

59 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Broncos and Cowboys are winners for sure.

Not gonna judge the Seahawks because that player probably will be good somehow.

Awful first round for the Jaguars and Raiders, not sure what the hell they were doing there.

Huh? They got a top-12 player in Henderson, whois easily the 2nd best CB and exceptional player for their scheme and coverage. And then grabbing Chassion at 20 is arguably the steal of the draft. ONly 21 years old, and already a freak athlete who can come in and replace Yannick. Idk how you couldnt like that 1st round. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I feel like the browns hit a double with WIlis at 10 good player and a good value at 10. 

Not being talked about enough. The Brown had massive needs at OT and somehow got the best Tackle in the draft at 10. With Conklin they now have a complete O-Line.