Who should we target on day two?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not Day 2, but I really want this kid in the 5th Round: 

Solid arm, good mobility, and very high football IQ. 

Stats in the Pac 12 this year: 28 TDs, 3 INTs, 7.6 YPA, and 62% COMP 

He should be getting more hype imo. 

Meh. If we're going to carry a third QB it will probably be Peterman. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Not Day 2, but I really want this kid in the 5th Round: 

Solid arm, good mobility, and very high football IQ. 

Stats in the Pac 12 this year: 28 TDs, 3 INTs, 7.6 YPA, and 62% COMP 

He should be getting more hype imo. 

I see zero reason to draft Luton and I like the guy.  He’s a career backup at best and we have 4 QBs already.   He has zero chance of making the team imo.  We’d be better off burning a 5th on a K/P.  
I actually really like Luton but that’s just wasteful imo.

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Gruden loves his 4 QBs. And our group of 3 QBs right now is extremely underwhelming. 

There's zero chance we carry 4 QB's. Carr is in year 3 of the system and Mariota has started a ton of games. Unless you think he can be a good starter there's no real reason to invest draft capital into a QB. 

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Pittman has to be going pretty high in the 2nd right? Seems like such an awesome compliment to Ruggs. 

Probably mid 2nd at worst given the run on WRs.  He’s the perfect compliment to Ruggs IMO but doubt we’ll have a shot at him.

mayock admitted he’s had offers for 19.  If he traded down to 25-29 and just for a 3rd (which is under trade value) wen could have used that pick and 91 to get up around 50 and got Pittman.  Real shame he refused to take that trade.  While I think Arnette could have been picked at 30/31 instead of those CBs and at worst would have fallen to 35-40, its going to be a costly mistake on Mayocks part.  

• Like 1

Bolded is guys I think are worth targeting left that I see off first glance.

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
Jake Fromm
James Morgan
Anthony Gordon
Jake Luton
Nate Stanley

DeAndre Swift
JK Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Cam Akers
Eno Benjamin
Zach Moss
Antonio Gibson
Darryngton Evans
Anthony McFarland
AJ Dillion
Lamical Perine
KeShawn Vaughn

Denzel Mims
Laviska Shenault
Tee Higgins
Michael Pittman
Chase Claypool
Donovan Peoples-Jones
KJ Hamler
Van Jefferson
Bryan Edwards
KJ Hill
Quartney Davis
Lynn Bowden
Gabriel Davis
Tyler Johnson
Collin Johnson
Devin Duvernay
James Proche
Isaiah Hodgins
Quintez Cephus
Antonio Golden-Gandy
Benjimen Victor
Quez Watkins
Malcom Perry, QB Navy (dunno what position is correct he went HAM against Army though)
Stephen Guidry
Jeff Thomas

Cole Kmet
Adam Trautman
Brycen Hopkins
Thaddeus Moss
Hunter Bryant
Josiah Deguara
Harrison Bryant

Josh Jones
Ezra Cleveland
Lloyd Cushenberry
Jonah Jackson
Lucas Niang
Matt Hennessy
Robert Hunt
Prince Tega Wanogho
Matt Peart
Saahdiq Charles
Ben Bartch
Damien Lewis
Netane Muti
Nick Harris
Logan Stenberg
Tyler Biadasz
Shane Lemieux
John Simpson
Ben Bredeson
Hakeem Adeniji
Michael Onwenu
Cameron Clark
Terence Steele
Tyre Phillips
Solomon Kindley
Charlie Heck
Trey Adams
Scott Frantz
Jon Runyan
Gage Cervenka

Yetur Gross-Matos
AJ Epenesa
Josh Uche
Terrell Lewis
Julian Okwara
Curtis Weaver
Jonathan Greenard
Darrell Taylor
Jabari Zuniga
Khalid Kareem
Bradlee Anae
Alex Highsmith
Kenny Willekes
Alton Robinson
Nick Coe
Jonathan Garvin
Justin Strowbridge
Afernee Jennings
DJ Wonnum
Tipa Galeai
Chauncey Rivers
Casey Toohill

Ross Blacklock
Neville Gallimore
Marlon Davidson
Justin Madubuike
Raekwon Davis
Davon Hamilton
Jordan Elliott
Rashard Lawrence
Larrell Murchison
Leki Fotu
McTelvin Agim
James Lynch
Benito Jones

Zach Baun
Malik Harrison
Willie Gay Jr
Akeim Davis Gaither
Troy Dye
Logan Wilson
Evan Weaver
Joe Bachie Jr
Davion Taylor
Justin Strnad
David Woodward
Shaquille Quarterman
Jacob Phillips

Kristian Fulton
Trevon Diggs
Jaylon Johnson
Bryce Hall
Cameron Dantzler
Amik Robertson
Troy Pride
Michael Ojemudia
Reggie Robinson
Darnay Holmes
Harrison Hand
Lamar Jackson
Dane Jackson
AJ Green

Xavier Mckinney
Grant Delpit
Kyle Dugger
Ashtyn Davis
Jeremy Chinn
Antoine Winfield Jr.
Terrell Burgess
Kenny Robinson
Brandon Jones
Geno Stone
KVon Wallace
Alohi Gillman

Edited by Trojan

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Just make it happen , don’t care how! Lol

we need something like this to salvage things 

I can see us coming out of tomorrow with 2 of 3 of: Bryan Edwards,Terrell Burgess, and Logan Wilson 

Plus a potential surprise player who drops to 80, like one of the CB/IDL.

I don't think a trade for Pittman is necessary with Tyrell showing plenty as a good 2 when healthy.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There's zero chance we carry 4 QB's. Carr is in year 3 of the system and Mariota has started a ton of games. Unless you think he can be a good starter there's no real reason to invest draft capital into a QB. 

Exactly thank you!  It’s so easy and cliche to say “oh Gruden loves QBs and loves his pet projects at the position”.  That may be true but he doesn’t have a long record of drafting QBs.  Secondly, While he’s impulsive about acquiring players he likes at times he got his QB fix with Mariota.  Mariota’s Gonna require a ton of his extra attention to get him competing: learning the system and fixing a few flaws.  The term used when we signed him was “we need to build him back up”.   He still also has Kizer, who we might not love but Gruden almost definitely sees potential in, he was a high pick with a good skill set physically just never put it all together. Gruden’s got to spend a lot of time and attention there.  And we all know he thinks Peterman can start lol.  
My point is he’s already acquired his “guys” and he’s gotta know that he’s got limited time to work with them so he has to limit how many QBs we bring to camp and veterans are always his preference.  There’s no room for a Rookie without starting potential.  

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I can see us coming out of tomorrow with 2 of 3 of: Bryan Edwards,Terrell Burgess, and Logan Wilson 

Plus a potential surprise player who drops to 80, like one of the CB/IDL.

I don't think a trade for Pittman is necessary with Tyrell showing plenty as a good 2 when healthy.

Bro! Can I at least get one thing I like around here for once, seriously! Lol

i think substantially more of Pittman than Edwards personally.  Not a fan of Wilson.  Burgess i like cuZ he can cover slot.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

My point is he’s already acquired his “guys” and he’s gotta know that he’s got limited time to work with them so he has to limit how many QBs we bring to camp and veterans are always his preference.  There’s no room for a Rookie without starting potential.  

Throughout Jon Gruden's coaching career he has always preferred veteran quarterbacks. The only two young QB's that have ever started for Gruden were Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. Other than that he has had a veteran QB in year 5 or later who was 27 or older. 

Also interesting to note that the only QB's drafted by a Jon Gruden coached team include: 

• Marques Tuiasosopo (2nd round, 2001) 

• Chris Simms (3rd round, 2003) 

• Bruce Gradkowski (6th round, 2006)

• Josh Johnson (5th round, 2008) 

Edited by NYRaider

17 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Bro! Can I at least get one thing I like around here for once, seriously! Lol

i think substantially more of Pittman than Edwards personally.  Not a fan of Wilson.  Burgess i like cuZ he can cover slot.

LOL. No you can't.

I think Edwards and Pittman are similar as players, but Edwards played against the cream of the crop in the SEC and ran hot and cold, whereas Pittman played against a pretty pitiful conference and dominated.

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LOL. No you can't.

I think Edwards and Pittman are similar as players, but Edwards played against the cream of the crop in the SEC and ran hot and cold, whereas Pittman played against a pretty pitiful conference and dominated.

Lol thanks 

I’m just very leery of Edwards... most of his catches and yards were off screens... remove those and his numbers are very poor

only 4 deep passes on 71 rec/ 816 yards

36catches screens.  Was only 17/38 on passes over 10 yards on the air, for a poor 44%.  You can chalk some of that up to bad QB and scheme, but it’s s major concern.

He’s okay but he didn’t excite me making plays that translates to the NFL.

i think Pittman is significantly a better prospect than Edwards.  Pittman will be a very good gunner on ST, too.  I think he or Higgins would be great WRs to eventual replace Williams or move Ruggs to the slot on some plays and play outside with Williams.

Edited by jimkelly02

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lol thanks 

I’m just very leery of Edwards... most of his catches and yards were off screens... remove those and his numbers are very poor

only 4 deep passes on 71 rec/ 816 yards

36catches screens.  Was only 17/38 on passes over 10 yards on the air, for a poor 44%.  You can chalk some of that up to bad QB and scheme, but it’s s major concern.

He’s okay but he didn’t excite me making plays that translates to the NFL.

i think Pittman is significantly a better prospect than Edwards.  Pittman will be a very good gunner on ST, too.  I think he or Higgins would be great WRs to eventual replace Williams or move Ruggs to the slot on some plays and play outside with Williams.

Too tired to argue now. I watched his all 22 that crock posted on twitter vs alabama and was very impressed.