2020 Draft Pick #28 - Patrick Queen

coordinator0

3 minutes ago, paraven said:

Did anyone actually understand what they just said? 

Most of it is Hollywood basically reacting to Queens highlights and Lamar telling him to shut up because the broadcast he was watching hadn't even announced the pick yet 

• Like 1

I don’t love it. Don’t hate it. But he looks really good blitzing and covering the flat. But just doing conventional linebacker **** he doesn’t look great. And even in 2020 that’s still important. But as a pass rusher could be a nice weapon for Wink.

Would have much rather had Josh Jones, Gross-Matos, Higgins, or Dobbins

4 hours ago, CoverZero said:

It's great that he's come into a team where there isn't pressure on him to wear the green dot and he can just focus on his development and making plays.

I was thinking about this earlier today.

I was very vocal about not wanting a LB in the first because I like the way we go about platooning. In my defense, I thought LB in the first would mean Murray. Queen has some traits that should fit our play with the lead defense well. Ability to cover backs/TE and be a part of schemed pressure should fit in nicely. Keep the green dot with Clark (at very least for this season) and play Queen something like 75% of snaps. Let him be a chess piece, not the cornerstone of the defense.

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t love it. Don’t hate it. But he looks really good blitzing and covering the flat. But just doing conventional linebacker **** he doesn’t look great. And even in 2020 that’s still important. But as a pass rusher could be a nice weapon for Wink.

Would have much rather had Josh Jones, Gross-Matos, Higgins, or Dobbins

I think he will play a role like a juiced up Anthony* Levine. Blitzing, covering, cleaning up backs. The team is super high on Chris Board and Otara Alaka, and has a history of finding thumpers (a need) like Zach Orr and Bart Scott undrafted. I feel like Queen plays a role like a poor man’s Isaiah Simmons might. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

17 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think he will play a role like a juiced up Anthony* Levine. Blitzing, covering, cleaning up backs. The team is super high on Chris Board and Otara Alaka, and has a history of finding thumpers (a need) like Zach Orr and Bart Scott undrafted. I feel like Queen plays a role like a poor man’s Isaiah Simmons might. 

Finding that thumper to do the dirty work is going to be important. I was more interested in Malik Harrison as a 2nd/3rd round guy than I was in Queen because I think that was the bigger gap in our LB core now that we let Bynes leave. 

Maybe they think Alaka is that guy, I don't really know much about him. Board I don't think has the size/strength to do it.

• Like 1

He seems like he is pretty strong in coverage and athletic sideline to sideline tackler. I think he has the kind of athleticism that we loved about CJ Mosley when he was a rookie. I just hope he doesn’t bulk up too much like Mosley did and lose that athleticism that could make him special.

Not my favorite pick in the world, but that's more so based on his volume numbers and the fact that he really only has one year of production. Quite the gamble for the first round, imo. He could end up being a giant steal or he could end up being a very average player who had the season of a lifetime his last year of college. Wish him the best of luck now that he's a Raven, but I'll remain skeptical until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Finding that thumper to do the dirty work is going to be important. I was more interested in Malik Harrison as a 2nd/3rd round guy than I was in Queen because I think that was the bigger gap in our LB core now that we let Bynes leave. 

Maybe they think Alaka is that guy, I don't really know much about him. Board I don't think has the size/strength to do it.

Maybe we will double dip at ILB and get another player in this draft.