2020 1st Round Pick- Isaiah Wilson OT- Georgia

KingTitan

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:
Doesn’t  look like we had much contact with him prior. Out of character for JRob 

it could be that we had contact with him and just kept it quiet, which would be very in character for jrob haha

Apparently he was a 5 star recruit... To 20 prospect. 

Most scoring reports say potential is shy high... Elite size, great athleticism, and his cons are all fixable. 

I know one of the Titans guys on Twitter was touting him for our 1st rounder. 

I don't think any of us had him, but it's not a bad pick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So he plays OT, not OG.
The highlight they showed I could have swore he was an OG and they described him as an OG.

Well our sack numbers did suck, so I guess it's ok. 

Our sack numbers were actually pretty good. 11th in pass block efficiency per PFF, 4th in pass block win rate per ESPN. Of course they lost Conklin(though Conklin was probably the 2nd worst pass blocker on the OL, only ahead of Davis) though so not sure how that impacts that.

But resigning Kelly to the deal we did made me think we were making him the RT. This move really confuses me.

I do wonder if there’s some thought given to him competing with Nate Davis as a rookie while still thinking of him as a tackle long term. Obviously it’s tough to bounce between spots, but if Davis doesn’t look great in camp, Wilson’s skill set would tend to lean more towards guard in Year 1 as he develops fundamentally.

I have no problem with this pick at all. This is in our DNA. We just added another piece to our OLine that has all the tools to be very successful especially in our scheme. This is the perfect situation for him to be in too. He can improve at his own pace, and won't be forced into starting right away, but gives us a future starter and helps our depth tremendously at Tackle and at Guard. OLine picks are never sexy, but the more I think about it I think I love it.

• Like 1

Does anybody actually know how old he is? I know he came out as a Redshirt sophomore, but I can't find his actual age anywhere. He very well could only be 20 years old. Lot of natural ability there to work with, and he's on the younger side. If he gets coached up, he could really be a homerun pick for us in the long term.

2 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Does anybody actually know how old he is? I know he came out as a Redshirt sophomore, but I can't find his actual age anywhere. He very well could only be 20 years old. Lot of natural ability there to work with, and he's on the younger side. If he gets coached up, he could really be a homerun pick for us in the long term.

21.2 according to draft spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbJONz-aRK6WCaSUH4sGS1wAjN_lkg1j7Mrtp1lGJxw/edit#gid=622538612

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Maybe he is replacing Nate Davis.
Making Davis depth?

Either way..I don't like it. 
WIlson was an OG at Georgia and by looking at his numbers, don't look like he has the athletic ability to be an OT.

eont know what games you were watching my guy, but wilson lined up at tackle. literally played every snap last year at OT.