2020 1st Round Pick- Isaiah Wilson OT- Georgia

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Davis started because we had no options at G, however Kelly is very solid at RT. I don’t see him starting unless he’s undoubtedly better than kelly. 

we actually had two guys ahead of Davis at first. Pamphile who couldnt stay healthy and Douglass who flat out sucked. I think he is better than Kelly right now.. all this sit him for a year talk is premature and mostly conjured up by fans... I think its gonna be a legit battle between the two and I think Wilson is gonna come out on top.. the guy is GOOOOOOOD

• Like 1

I do agree Wilson will probably contend from Day 1, but I'm not so sure that the job will be his.  With such an abbreviated season, there's less time for him to refine his techniques, and he can't just win on strength and athleticism like he could in college.  And the Titans FO and coaching staff really like Kelly.  I could imagine Wilson taking over before long, but I wouldn't bet on it immediately.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

we actually had two guys ahead of Davis at first. Pamphile who couldnt stay healthy and Douglass who flat out sucked. I think he is better than Kelly right now.. all this sit him for a year talk is premature and mostly conjured up by fans... I think its gonna be a legit battle between the two and I think Wilson is gonna come out on top.. the guy is GOOOOOOOD

Oh I know, how Davis got thrown into the fire, again who is Pamphile & Douglas 🗣no option, ones on a IR the other a journeyman on a 1yr deal. 
as for Wilson being better than kelly I sure hope he is but kelly is no scrub. 

• Like 1

The other good thing that could come from this pick is Lewan didn’t start right away either and got his chance after an injury 

I’m not rooting for an injury or for Kelly to suck but maybe it doesn’t hurt Wilson for him to sit behind Kelly and play the extra Linemen role for a little bit

If Lewan or Kelly ever have to take plays off then having Wilson come in isn’t a terrible thing 

• Like 2