Sign in to follow this  
RpMc

1.31 - MIN: Jeff Gladney CB/TCU (Jersey #20)

Posted (edited)

EWVzbriWoAAe0-D?format=jpg&name=medium

EWVz1n0X0AAa4BM?format=png&name=900x900

Jeff Gladney
5'10 1/4
191 lbs
5th Year Senior (23.4 y/o - 12/12/1996)

Cornerback #4
Consensus Board #34
Predictor Board #39

Jeff-Gladney-RAS-19641.png?w=806&ssl=1

Edited by RpMc

Happy with this pick. Wanted Fulton but Gladney has fantastic upside. I’d assume he starts out as the nickel. 

Nice, guessed it would be him and Cleveland a week ago, glad to get one right no pun intended.

Love the fit, super physical, good in run support, a tad short but nothing debilitating, really excited about him

Could Hughes start on outside and move inside on Nickel with Hill coming in?

Gladney has more versatility than Fulton, can play off man, press man and zone. Very physical and competitive. Hope he has the instincts to turn his head. Happy with the pick.

How pro ready is he? I don't know much about him yet.

He was connected to the Vikings a lot. I'm excited but hoping for Winfield tomorrow 

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I feel like Trae Waynes is a really good Comp.

True. After the first two picks it feels a little like the team is treading water replacing Diggs with a WR and Waynes with a rookie CB. Unfortunately, it is unlikely either of the rookies will be as good as the guys they are replacing, at least initially.

I do think that Gladney has a great chance of being better than Waynes eventually and I would like to think that he'll be better as a rookie than Waynes was as a rookie.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

True. After the first two picks it feels a little like the team is treading water replacing Diggs with a WR and Waynes with a rookie CB. Unfortunately, it is unlikely either of the rookies will be as good as the guys they are replacing, at least initially.

I do think that Gladney has a great chance of being better than Waynes eventually and I would like to think that he'll be better as a rookie than Waynes was as a rookie.

My feelings exactly. 

Once again, I like the position but would have preferred Fulton, but happy with the pick either way

I like this pick. I was hoping for Johnson or Fulton as they have more size. But Gladney is a good pick.