Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RpMc

1.31 - MIN: Jeff Gladney CB/TCU (Jersey #20)

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, RpMc said:

 

Dude ran his 40 at the combine with a torn meniscus.....and still clocked a 4.48? Dang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We needed a CB and I'm not going to question Zim when it comes to his cornerbacks.  Great pick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This pick was destiny! I saw Gladney play in person and he had a pick at the 2018 (infamous) Cheez It Bowl.  He is going to be a stud for the Vikes. 

Fun Cheez It Bowl fact: 

"The two teams combined for six interceptions in the first half, with a total of nine for the entire game. It became the fourth bowl game in NCAA history with nine or more interceptions, joining the 1942 Orange Bowl, 1968 Sun Bowl, and 1982 Liberty Bowl." - Wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RpMc said:

 

i wonder if the vikings knew he had grammar like this before they drafted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i wonder if the vikings knew he had grammar like this before they drafted him.

Have you seen or heard Randy Moss?  He's smart, and has improved, but his grammar was about the same at the same age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i wonder if the vikings knew he had grammar like this before they drafted him.

That's the first thing that popped out to me when I read that. Thankfully we drafted him to play corner and not be an English teacher. As long as he can still read gooder than he talks, we should be well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Have you seen or heard Randy Moss?  He's smart, and has improved, but his grammar was about the same at the same age.

i wasn't condemning him or anything, i've just never heard "saw" used like that before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whitehops said:

i wasn't condemning him or anything, i've just never heard "saw" used like that before. 

I have heard other people and players say it like that quite a bit over my lifetime.  He's not alone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I have heard other people and players say it like that quite a bit over my lifetime.  He's not alone.  

must be slang then, i've never heard it up here in canada :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he made the right choice working on his footwork and mirroring WRs instead of diagramming sentences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whitehops said:

must be slang then, i've never heard it up here in canada :/

Nope...it's a southern/rural American thing.  I swear I heard Randy say something similar way back when he was just a kid out of West Virginia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whitehops said:

must be slang then, i've never heard it up here in canada :/

There area a lot of those sorts of geographically/ culturally based terms, sayings, slang, and colloquialisms that a lot of people never notice. Not always an intelligence thing, usually just a product of where they grew up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

There area a lot of those sorts of geographically/ culturally based terms, sayings, slang, and colloquialisms that a lot of people never notice. Not always an intelligence thing, usually just a product of where they grew up.

That's right.  But, like others have said, what matters more is whether he can shut down receivers in the slot.  And it'll be nice to see someone a little more physical than what we've seen recently...just as long as it doesn't come with the penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×