1.31 - MIN: Jeff Gladney CB/TCU (Jersey #20)

RpMc

This pick was destiny! I saw Gladney play in person and he had a pick at the 2018 (infamous) Cheez It Bowl.  He is going to be a stud for the Vikes. 

Fun Cheez It Bowl fact: 

"The two teams combined for six interceptions in the first half, with a total of nine for the entire game. It became the fourth bowl game in NCAA history with nine or more interceptions, joining the 1942 Orange Bowl, 1968 Sun Bowl, and 1982 Liberty Bowl." - Wikipedia

34 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i wonder if the vikings knew he had grammar like this before they drafted him.

That's the first thing that popped out to me when I read that. Thankfully we drafted him to play corner and not be an English teacher. As long as he can still read gooder than he talks, we should be well.

• Like 3

Just now, whitehops said:

must be slang then, i've never heard it up here in canada :/

There area a lot of those sorts of geographically/ culturally based terms, sayings, slang, and colloquialisms that a lot of people never notice. Not always an intelligence thing, usually just a product of where they grew up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

There area a lot of those sorts of geographically/ culturally based terms, sayings, slang, and colloquialisms that a lot of people never notice. Not always an intelligence thing, usually just a product of where they grew up.

That's right.  But, like others have said, what matters more is whether he can shut down receivers in the slot.  And it'll be nice to see someone a little more physical than what we've seen recently...just as long as it doesn't come with the penalties.