(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I'm all in on Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette.

He's special and has the ability to be an out the gate pro-bowler and all-pro Guard or Tackle.

He's a foundational player who can excel at Tackle when/if Jack Conklin leaves.

Denzel Mims, WR Baylor is also special and it would be hard to pass on him.

After that it's Antoine Winfield Jr.

But... athough I think the Browns need a safety, I kind of want the Browns to take a big swing at edge rusher.

In no way shape or form, do I think Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame is better than Robert Hunt or Denzel Mims, but I think out of all the people still on the board Okwara may have some of the highest upside. The problem is he's far away from actualizing that potential.

That means he should probably go in the middle of the 3rd Round.

Maybe I just gotten into the process enough, but there’s nobody who really makes my jeans tight for R2.

Winfield and McKinney are obvious targets due to need, but neither is a supreme prospect imo.  Both would be fine by me.

Fulton is a scheme fit and plays a premium position.

YGM and Epenesa are both “solid” 4-3 ends.  Epenesa probably has a higher floor, YGM a higher ceiling.  Premium position.

Maybe 41 is early, but I’m bullish on Raekwon Davis.  I think he could be a really good rotational guy in ‘20 and starter in ‘21.

Other than that, I’d probably be open to trading down a bit.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t help but think there’s going to be a run on safeties to start the day.

Safeties and RB in Round 2 I’d think. I’m embracing the inevitable Steelers getting Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift. There are also some nice OL and DL there, so that’s a possibility too.

Espenesa, Baun, that DT from TCU, Raekwon Davis, 3 safeties, 3-5 RB, 5-6 WR...it’s going to be interesting!

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Safeties and RB in Round 2 I’d think. I’m embracing the inevitable Steelers getting Dobbins, Taylor, or Swift. There are also some nice OL and DL there, so that’s a possibility too.

Espenesa, Baun, that DT from TCU, Raekwon Davis, 3 safeties, 3-5 RB, 5-6 WR...it’s going to be interesting!

Robert Hunt seems like the exact New England R2 target

6 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

Hopefully one of the remaining high-end WRs are available at #41. We can worry about the less important positions (LB, S) later on.

Mack Wilson and Takitaki should be good enough starters, so we just need more depth, which can be acquired later. You just need to not suck at LB. It would be nice to get a FS, but WR is much more of a difference maker, and we have no one after Odell and Jarvis.

Eh, I wouldn't hate a WR, but I don't think we need one at this point when we have OBJ, Jarvis and two good receiving tight ends. Plus Higgins could still potentially come back and he's at least shown promise in the past.

LB and safety are far bigger needs. Hell, I'd probably go DE and guard before I go WR. But I'd understand taking one if Berry and company think there's one that's too good to pass up.

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Safeties and DLine is my thought. I'd love to trade up and get another 2nd rounder. That would be 3 legit players added to this roster.

I’m honestly up for anything.

If a nice deal comes along and we’re not in love with any one prospect, I’d be fine with moving down and getting another pick, either this year or next year.

• Like 2