(Polls) 2020 NFL Draft Round 2 and 3 Discussion

Mind Character

Round 2 questions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Browns Trade Up in Round 2?

• No. They Trade Down.
    • Yes. They Trade Up.
    • No. They Stay Put.
  2. 2. Who Should the Browns try to Select in the 2nd Round?

• Ross Blacklock, DT TCU --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa ------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois ------------------------------------------------>
    • Denzel Mims, WR Baylor ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------->
    • KJ Hamler, WR Penn State --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Kyle Dugger, SS/LB Lenoir-Rhyne ------------------------------------------------>
    • Xavier Mckinney, S Alabama ----------------------------------------------------->
    • Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame --------------------------------------------------------->
    • Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming ------------------------------------------------------->
    • Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC ------------------------------------------------------>
    • Yetur Gross-Matos, DE Penn State ----------------------------------------------->
    • Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette ------------------------------------->
    • Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota ----------------------------------------------->
    • Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah ------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Tee Higgins, WR Clemson ------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Grant Delpit, S LSU aka "The Great Delphin" ---------------------------------->
    • Jordan Elliot, DT Missouri --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama -------------------------------------------------------------->
  3. 3. Grade the Jedrick Wills Jr. Selection in the 1st Round:

• Great ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Good ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Solid ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Meh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    • Disappointing --------------------------------------------------------------->
    • Bad ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I hope so, but if he didn’t have the foot speed to recover from some of those angles in college, I’m not sure it matters in the pros. Not many dudes have the ability to make up for errors like that in the league.

Hopefully there was some injury or something that made him run the wrong way a lot in college 🤷‍♂️ 

Hope I’m wrong, and I love the upside, but his bad plays were BAD.

That's where we differ....I have watched him play for 3 years....and after his JR. year, with 74tkls, 9.5 TFL, 5.5 Sacks, 5 Int's, 10 PD, 1 FF and 2 FF.....in one season, that is running the RIGHT way a WHOLE lot at all 3 levels. My proof is in what I've seen with my eyes in conjunction with his stats, and national championship ring. I have not seen this "Consistent running the wrong way, and bad angles" that I dont see.

I guess you and @Mind Character saw some games I did not.....but I throw my consumption of HBCU and SEC college football against folks who get paid to scout for a living...so I will push back from this difference of opinions and guess we'll all have to see.

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

That's where we differ....I have watched him play for 3 years....and after his JR. year, with 74tkls, 9.5 TFL, 5.5 Sacks, 5 Int's, 10 PD, 1 FF and 2 FF.....in one season, that is running the RIGHT way a WHOLE lot at all 3 levels. My proof is in what I've seen with my eyes in conjunction with his stats, and national championship ring. I have not seen this "Consistent running the wrong way, and bad angles" that I dont see.

I guess you and @Mind Character saw some games I did not.....but I throw my consumption of HBCU and SEC college football against folks who get paid to scout for a living...so I will push back from this difference of opinions and guess we'll all have to see.

Then I’ll ask again, why did he last to the mid 40’s with incredible tape and ideal size/athleticism?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying he sucks or has no chance, but there are clearly holes in his game, despite the number of photos of a cement dolphin.

I’m bumping this the next time I make a well reasoned Baker analysis only to get thrown to the wolves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s just odd we get a Thorpe winning S with ideal size and athleticism in round 2 and no one seems to wonder or acknowledge why he lasted so long.

Maybe because safety wasn’t a priority or need for those other teams and they had greater needs. You can only make one pick at a time..

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

LOL, I'll take it...a highlight reel of his bad plays over 3 seasons....and 45 seconds is all they could find? LOL....INTERESTING....

If you put one together from JUST his Jr. year.....it would be a 8 minutes short film...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Maybe because safety wasn’t a priority or need for those other teams and they had greater needs. You can only make one pick at a time..

But the guy he replaced who is a legit stud went 6?  Huh, must be an off year for safeties....

At least he was the first S off the board.