Day 2 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why do people keep harping on Mims especially for a lack of route running prowess if his percentages compare pretty well to most of the field?

Because running routes doesn't mean you ran them well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Aiyuk's numbers... 30% on screens!?

That's a comment about the offense, not Aiyuk.

Aiyuk ran every route and is very good at it.  He does need to work on hand fighting in press and fine tune the top of the route, but the ability is evident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bomont said:

Does anyone else think this round might be more interesting than the first? Still a lot of big name players and esp a lot of skill players. Also more trades likely I think?

Yeah, I think we will have more trades.

4 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

Question from a novice: How can you tell if a guy runs good routes vs not?

A lot goes into it; from footwork off the LOS to footwork at the top of the route, flexibility when cutting, acceleration out of a break, setting the defender up with nuances like hesitations and head fakes, snapping your head around to the football, etc.

Watch Jerry Jeudy tape and then watch Collin Johnson tape and you'll see the difference. 

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I dont know if this has been said. But i want to give a huge kudos to Roger, NFL, ESPN, ABC, NFLN and all the IT guys for doing an amazing job with an unprecedented draft. Thanks for giving a chaotic new society some semblance of normalcy. Great job.

Maybe it hasn't been said because it wasn't true :)  Well, I listened online so I can't speak to the TV broadcasts, but the best can be said was there were no communication issues (at least none major that appeared to impact the draft) so props to their tech team I guess. But between taking a freaking half-hour just to get going and Goodell just being a dork in general, no, I would never say "amazing" at all. 

• Like 1