With the 32nd Pick the Chiefs Select: Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU

Chiefer

16 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Do you mean CEH?   I don’t get DEH if that’s a reference to something

My bad. Clyde obviously. 

He's not as fast as Westbrook. Not close. However, I get the reference for asset in the passing game and threat in space. CEH should also be a a much better blocker.

J

16 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

My bad. Clyde obviously. 

He's not as fast as Westbrook. Not close. However, I get the reference for asset in the passing game and threat in space. CEH should also be a a much better blocker.

J

Blocking is actually the biggest concern I have for him,  but it’s definitely not at the level Darwin bad.   

Not concerned about the breakaway speed, pretty much anyone who is fast enough to catch him is going to have struggles getting him to the ground, sans tripping up his feet. 

25 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

My bad. Clyde obviously. 

J

BW ran a 4.57

CEH ran a 4.60

That's pretty close

10 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Not to mention, he ran with a purpose and violence. At his peak, he could be a 800/800 yard guy

I see the comparison to Sproles--jump stop and spin moves--but he's 40 pounds bigger. Sproles never ran with violence. 

At his peak, Westbrook was a 1300/750 guy. If CEH is that kind of player, I can more than reconcile to the pick. I just need to see it.

J

He's faster than reported, he had multiple long runs against SEC defenses where he straight burned them and his quickness is elite. 

Also I think the fast thing is because of his 4.6 40 at the combine but I'm betting he pulled something. 

CEH posted a 4.47 electronic 40 time during the high school SPARQ tests which are very accurate. 

Edited by warsawian

LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the only player in SEChistory with 1,000+ rushing yards and 50+ receptions in a single season.

A crazy stat to consider when factoring in that the SEChas had 95 RB drafted to the NFL just since 2000, including 15 first rounders.
-Field Yates

• Like 1

I got mixed feelings about the pick, but not because of CEH, but rather the positional value of drafting RBs early. I'm just not a fan of picking them within the first 2 rounds. On the other side CEH probably fits our offense the best and fills a position of need, so i get it why we drafted him. He's perfectly suited to play in our offense and it's probably going to be a lot of fun to watch him play for us. So yeah the player is great and fits into our system, so it's a great pick based on that. It's really just the positional value of the RB position that gets some negativity in for me. I also felt like a trade down would have been awesome, but i guess there probably wasn't that much of an interest to trade up from other teams.

For day 2 we'll see if an OL drops to us. I have my eye on Damien Lewis. Otherwise i hope we're going for defensive players in the next 2 rounds.

38 minutes ago, Edge said:

I got mixed feelings about the pick, but not because of CEH, but rather the positional value of drafting RBs early. I'm just not a fan of picking them within the first 2 rounds. On the other side CEH probably fits our offense the best and fills a position of need, so i get it why we drafted him. He's perfectly suited to play in our offense and it's probably going to be a lot of fun to watch him play for us. So yeah the player is great and fits into our system, so it's a great pick based on that. It's really just the positional value of the RB position that gets some negativity in for me. I also felt like a trade down would have been awesome, but i guess there probably wasn't that much of an interest to trade up from other teams.

For day 2 we'll see if an OL drops to us. I have my eye on Damien Lewis. Otherwise i hope we're going for defensive players in the next 2 rounds.

Somewhere (Arrowheadpride?) I read the Chiefs got some calls for a trade - but that stopped once Love went to Green Bay.

6 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Somewhere (Arrowheadpride?) I read the Chiefs got some calls for a trade - but that stopped once Love went to Green Bay.

That would make sense and it would be sad, because when the 49ers traded up i thought there would be a good chance to trade down for us.