With the 32nd Pick the Chiefs Select: Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU

Chiefer

Hunt was also asked to play super heavy his Senior Year in College,   his Senior tape wasn't his best.    He was much quicker/faster when he got down to a more comfortable weight.

CEH is definitely faster than what he timed,   some guys just don't translate speed to a 40 time.     

Definitely wouldn't call him Barry Sanders,    I don't think he has that level of contact balance..   It's good,  but Sanders combined world class quickness with world class contact balance.    I think he has the quickness and can make people miss in a box similar to Sanders,   but I think he goes down much easier than Sanders (and that's not a dig at CEH, he's still pretty good at it).   I like Ray Rice more,  but he's a better athlete than Rice.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Yeah. The only player with Sanders level agility and balance was Sproles, who was 40 pounds lighter. Clyde is so unique that comps are hard, but if the obvious ones are even halfway close, he'll be a load to deal with.

He’s a very unique player, dynamic for sure. Not overly powerful but he’ll get you yards when you don’t expect them. patient and great cuts/spin move as well. Burst is special but he’s not a burner and tough for his size.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He’s a very unique player, dynamic for sure. Not overly powerful but he’ll get you yards when you don’t expect them. patient and great cuts/spin move as well. Burst is special but he’s not a burner and tough for his size.

CEH is rather powerful, which is another thing that separates him from Sanders. Barry could not be relied on for a single tough yard.

CEH has nowhere near Sanders power,  and that’s not even saying he doesn’t pack a punch.  Sanders was a very powerful runner,  he’d tried to do the spectacular almost every run which resulted in a ton of negative plays but it wasn’t because he lacked power.

Excellent quickness and contact balance but driving through once he takes that initial blow is one of the things I think CEH hasn’t really reached his max potential at

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

CEH has nowhere near Sanders power,  and that’s not even saying he doesn’t pack a punch.  Sanders was a very powerful runner,  he’d tried to do the spectacular almost every run which resulted in a ton of negative plays but it wasn’t because he lacked power.

Excellent quickness and contact balance but driving through once he takes that initial blow is one of the things I think CEH hasn’t really reached his max potential at

What power? Sanders had the ability roll off contact, not force through it. 

We went to the same high school  a few years apart, so Barry Sanders is a bit of a hero of mine. I followed his career from when he was 15. Power was not a big part of his game. It is a significant part of Clyde's game. 

J

On 5/7/2020 at 10:30 PM, onejayhawk said:

CEH is rather powerful, which is another thing that separates him from Sanders. Barry could not be relied on for a single tough yard.

He’s really not, he’s got good leg drive so he can carry some tacklers but he’s not exactly a pile mover. 

23 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

What power? Sanders had the ability roll off contact, not force through it. 

We went to the same high school  a few years apart, so Barry Sanders is a bit of a hero of mine. I followed his career from when he was 15. Power was not a big part of his game. It is a significant part of Clyde's game. 

J

I would trust Sanders going through an NFL LB more than CEH, I’ve seen way too many LB’s just bounce off Sanders thighs..  Would disagree power is a significant part of his game,  he gets by in short yardage because he’s slippery and has great balance..  he’s might slip out of a tackle, but he’s not going to push for much against Front 7’s.    I say this even though I’ve been saying he’s the perfect RB for this offseason since mid way through last year.   I love CEH in this offense,  power really isn’t his thing unless you get him into the open field though

Clyde is not a pile mover, but he will lower a shoulder and take on a tackler or to split a pair of them. That's something that is not so much what Barry couldn't do as much it was something he didn't do.

Regardless, the point is that they are different. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is not Berry Sanders. He's not really a discount version of of Sanders, but also not vice versa. Maybe the first comparison is better. CEH may be Brian Westbrook, just not the mature version yet.

I'm inclined to just let CEH write his own NFL story. Who really knows what's ahead just yet. Our Oline is different from what CEH played with at LSU, different than what Sanders played with at Detroit. I'm satisfied from reading what you all have written, that we'll be in for some excitement if Andy Reid has anything to do with it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I'm inclined to just let CEH write his own NFL story. Who really knows what's ahead just yet. Our Oline is different from what CEH played with at LSU, different than what Sanders played with at Detroit. I'm satisfied from reading what you all have written, that we'll be in for some excitement if Andy Reid has anything to do with it.

im not saying he is sanders but his dodging ability reminds me of sanders, that and the ability to catch.