Ok Sober Up. We Still have a Draft to do...

Millenhater

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

If Quinn takes him that means he’s admitting the player he traded up for. (Harris) isn’t good enough and the player he traded away (Diggs) becasue Harris was good enough was also a mistake.

No more so than than admitting trading Slay was a mistake by drafting Okudah.

The scheme needs a great backend and it becomes even more important if they can’t manage a pass rush.

As a side note everyone spends far to much time over thinking every possible scenario. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

No more so than than admitting trading Slay was a mistake by drafting Okudah.

The scheme needs a great backend and it becomes even more important if they can’t manage a pass rush.

As a side note everyone spends far to much time over thinking every possible scenario. 

I think the Slay situation is different.  Even with Slay Okudah was by far the best player available and a need.  Having said that if we take McKinney i’ll Beyond pumped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think the Slay situation is different.  Even with Slay Okudah was by far the best player available and a need.  Having said that if we take McKinney i’ll Beyond pumped.

Quinn makes me scratch my head in confusion. 

They absolutely have to find a pass rush somewhere this season. I’m really hoping they have a deal for a free agent in place, simply not announced. 

McKinney is a great prospect but would make more sense, to me, if they could rush the passer. 

Even a blind squirrels finds the odd nut but the aliens have been in a subsistence diet for over 50 years.😢

If they do get McKinney they would have one heck of a defensive backfield. Everything else, not so much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Millenhater said:

What’s your thoughts on Delpit?  I think we both think McKinney is the far superior player.  Delpit scares me but he’s a player if we had an extra pick I’d love to gamble on.  

I like the 3 pass rushers you mentioned but I don’t think they will be as good of players at their positions as McKinney will be at his.  And I’d love for the Lions just once to have an Elite secondary.  Go overboard and have a major strength.  I think Epenesa is really good and I think he will be an 8-9 sack a year consistent player who can also play the run.  

I think it's possible that Delpit's ceiling is higher than McKinney, because at least on tape he appears to be a better, more fluid athlete with better size and length. He's far more raw than McKinney though, technique wise it seems. I'd be good with them Drafting Delpit, but I think McKinney is the safer pick and better player right away. I also had Delpit high on my board for our 2nd Round Pick because I figured there was a good chance he'd be there, I did not think McKinney would still be available today. McKinney would be my Pick if he doesn't go with one of the two picks before us tonight.

I agree on the great secondary thing, I've wanted the Lions to Draft another #1 CB to pair with Slay for a few years now. Figures we finally Draft a legit #1 CB and now Slay is gone. That's also why I wouldn't have a problem with Trevon Diggs being the Pick, because you'd be locking up two really good young CB's on Rookie deals.

I wouldn't have a big problem with any of those pass rushers either, like I said, I think you should Draft a pass rusher every single year. I just don't think they will be game changers really, I mean, Drafts a crap shoot, maybe one of them is, but from what I have seen of them I don't think they are. So I'd take McKinney, Mims, Diggs, Delpit or Swift at 35. 

Edited by DOBSON10
  • Like 1

I think Epenesa is a safe pick.  That’s not say he isn’t the best player available and should be the pick but I don’t think he’s going to be a bust.  I think he’s going to be pretty good with the chance to be really good.  I think Epenesa and Taylor are the least likely to bust of the players left.  

• Like 1