2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

Just a quick questions in regards to the locked thread at the top

"Just like every year, please limit the spoilers in the draft day discussion thread.  The general rule of thumb is if the pick has been announced on TV, it's fair game to discussion.  @Packerraymond or myself will be making the Packer-specific threads, so if you have any questions PM us."

What kind of spoilers can be given away if the pick hasn't been announced? Is someone on this forum sitting with the Packers brass? @CWood21

twitter is always ahead of the tv feed. My buddy spoiled the Love pick to me over chat before it was announced on tv

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Without looking at the teams involved, why do I feel like Shenault is gonna be gone within the first 6-7 picks tonight, dashing the hopes of Packer fans everywhere.

Looking at the like 6-7 ahead of Green Bay the dolphins are the only ones. Either the teams drafted on (vikings, cowboys, eagles), traded for one (bills), or really don’t need it.

Now others can trade up obviously. But it seems like GB will get a shot at some of those guys in that group of like 5-6 WR everyone is listing maybe just not their top choice.

I don't understand the hype for Shenault. He's overrated. I'm so not keen on the idea of Claypool and Hamler.

I've got my eye on Mims, Higgins, Edwards, Peoples-Jones, Gandy-Golden and Cepheus.

I don't hate Pittman, he's a good player with excellent hands but I think he lacks the playmaking upside. He's too safe and isn't going to improve the explosiveness of our offense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Without looking at the teams involved, why do I feel like Shenault is gonna be gone within the first 6-7 picks tonight, dashing the hopes of Packer fans everywhere.

I'm kinda the opposite.  I think he's going to linger a lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't understand the hype for Shenault. He's overrated. I'm so not keen on the idea of Claypool and Hamler.

I've got my eye on Mims, Higgins, Edwards, Peoples-Jones, Gandy-Golden and Cepheus.

I don't hate Pittman, he's a good player with excellent hands but I think he lacks the playmaking upside. He's too safe and isn't going to improve the explosiveness of our offense.

I think they need one of those small fast as hell type of players, like a tyreek hill. Packers have enough big average speed receivers.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He'll be gone. So will Mims and Pittman. Realistically, I'm hoping for DPJ or Johnson at 62. 

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Liking Shenault with our pick in the second.  Mims will be gone.  And we shouldn't be trading up any more.

Let's get our WR.  

I haven't followed this draft nearly as closely as past years but Shenault's build says Ty Mont to me. Am I wrong just going off that?

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Go watch Shenault's 2018 tape, and tell me he's not a stud.  I don't love him like others do.  At this point, it's your WR of choice.  You want a big, physical WR then Tee Higgins is your guy.  You want a big slot, Chase Claypool is there.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Go watch Shenault's 2018 tape, and tell me he's not a stud.  I don't love him like others do.  At this point, it's your WR of choice.  You want a big, physical WR then Tee Higgins is your guy.  You want a big slot, Chase Claypool is there.

Don't get me wrong, Shenault has lots of good tape but he is way too heavy. His shiftiness/agility is very good but you can tell he doesn't quite have the speed.  I think he is the type that was very good in college but will be merely ordinary in the pros. Not only that I don't think he has what it takes to play outside receiver I don't think he has the leaping ability for it. I think he is a slot only guy in the NFL and so he isn't quite what we need.

Claypool is a much better receiver but again I think he's far too heavy for WR in the pros. I see him as a highly athletic move TE and I suspect many teams may feel the same.

Edited by Chili

I love how wHy nO WeappONS is the thing on this board and we're currently discussing like 5 guys that could have snuck into the first round. 

Watch Sternberger turn into an above average starting TE (50/60 receptions for 600-700 yards and 6 touchdowns), Rick Wagner turn into an above average RT now that he's healthy, Rodgers actually throw to the receivers who are open now that LaFleur has a QB he can bench his whiny *** for and see our second round WR have a stronger rookie season than two receivers taken in the first round.

All we have to do now is take a chance on an ILB in the third round, sign a run plug after the draft and we've got a strong chance. 

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

I think that was Aiyuk

And Reagor.

And to no-one's surprise both are gone. The next best option if you're looking for that type is probably KJ Hill and Devin Duvernay