2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I love how wHy nO WeappONS is the thing on this board and we're currently discussing like 5 guys that could have snuck into the first round. 

And all 5 will be gone by #45. It's a long time between now and #62

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

"I never believe you're one player away," Gutekunst said. "I don't believe in that. You can make mistakes believing you're one player away from anything.

"The balance of immediate and long term is something I have to consider."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

I think we are going to be drafting a lot of offence players over the next few rounds so that they are all locked and loaded for two years down the line. 

Any holes on defence will be sorted in FA, I hope....

It’s offense and defense.  Keep your weird British spelling in Europe.

• Like 3

At this juncture, I don't think they can take defensive players unless it's reflects major value on their boards. The organization has wasted countless draft picks on defense and has little to show for it.

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I love how wHy nO WeappONS is the thing on this board and we're currently discussing like 5 guys that could have snuck into the first round. 

Watch Sternberger turn into an above average starting TE (50/60 receptions for 600-700 yards and 6 touchdowns), Rick Wagner turn into an above average RT now that he's healthy, Rodgers actually throw to the receivers who are open now that LaFleur has a QB he can bench his whiny *** for and see our second round WR have a stronger rookie season than two receivers taken in the first round.

All we have to do now is take a chance on an ILB in the third round, sign a run plug after the draft and we've got a strong chance. 

Let's not forget we've already added two WRs to this team we didn't have last year in ESB and Funchess. We're less dire at that position than most think IMO. I understand the value is probably going to be there to add someone at that position, but it might not be until the later rounds when 2nd and 3rd round grades are still sitting there in the 4th and 5th.

I don't see WR as a must need coming out of this draft, but expect we very likely will have at least one because of the depth of this class. 

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

Let's not forget we've already added two WRs to this team we didn't have last year in ESB and Funchess. We're less dire at that position than most think IMO. I understand the value is probably going to be there to add someone at that position, but it might not be until the later rounds when 2nd and 3rd round grades are still sitting there in the 4th and 5th.

I don't see WR as a must need coming out of this draft, but expect we very likely will have at least one because of the depth of this class. 

I didn't think we needed one even before we signed Funchess.  I still don't and wouldn't be upset if we did nothing there. 

I just feel like we will. 

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Who does this guy remind you of ?

This guy that used to live in my neighborhood named Eddie.   Always wearing some sports jersey and pointing at everyone and suggesting they keep their shoes tied.     Interesting guy.  You know Eddie?

• Like 1