2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Maybe I'm just a masochist or I'm a glutton for forum punishment, but I really don't care what position the team takes in the 2nd/3rd rnd.   I of course have personal preferences for players but there is so much talent left on the board - I think we're going to get some good players.  Even if it means RB or S or developmental OT like a Peart.   I think a RB would be an amazing pick just to see the forum reaction!

21 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

"I never believe you're one player away," Gutekunst said. "I don't believe in that. You can make mistakes believing you're one player away from anything.

"The balance of immediate and long term is something I have to consider."

Let's go get a kicker to be ready for when Crosby inevitably retires.   Lets go get Rodrigo Blankenship with our 2nd.   May need to use the 3rd round pick to trade up and be sure we get him.  Kickers can make the difference between winning and losing and we need to have our succession plan in place. 

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Let's go get a kicker to be ready for when Crosby inevitably retires.   Lets go get Rodrigo Blankenship with our 2nd.   May need to use the 3rd round pick to trade up and be sure we get him.  Kickers can make the difference between winning and losing and we need to have our succession plan in place. 

Take a few deep breaths buddy

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Take a few deep breaths buddy

I'm good. 

I actually think it makes perfect sense and is the way to go for Gute and MLF.   Best outcome possible for the long term.  Like picking a punter in the 3rd round.   That worked out for the best.  got us new and better management.

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yeah because that's a good comparison LMFAO.

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Yeah because that's a good comparison LMFAO.

Yeah-  You don't get the point.

My proposal is the next BJ Sander.   Might get us new leadership that wants to win Super Bowls instead of playing to be just good enough that they hopefully keep their jobs.

We aren't going to win long term with this group.  Just wait and see.   I will stop now.  I am aware that this reality is a bummer and others don't want to entertain these thoughts.

I'll stay out of the thread from here on out.

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yeah-  You don't get the point.

My proposal is the next BJ Sander.   Might get us new leadership that wants to win Super Bowls instead of playing to be just good enough that they hopefully keep their jobs.

We aren't going to win long term with this group.  Just wait and see.   I will stop now.  I am aware that this reality is a bummer and others don't want to entertain these thoughts.

I'll stay out of the thread from here on out.

nevermind lol

Edited by MaximusGluteus

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

No, by all means, keep going and continue solidifying your stupidity for our amusement.

Like I said.  Wait and see how this plays out.  The last time I read posts like I am responding to was when I criticized the 2015 draft class.

I won't go to your levels of childishness in response.   Have a good day.