2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

7 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yeah-  You don't get the point.

My proposal is the next BJ Sander.   Might get us new leadership that wants to win Super Bowls instead of playing to be just good enough that they hopefully keep their jobs.

We aren't going to win long term with this group.  Just wait and see.   I will stop now.  I am aware that this reality is a bummer and others don't want to entertain these thoughts.

I'll stay out of the thread from here on out.

There isn't a point.  You were being intentionally obtuse.  Not sure if you were trying to "prove" a point, because it wasn't applicable.  In no way does it make sense to draft a ST player prior to the 5th round.  The Packers drafted a QB, the most valuable position in all of professional sports, in the first round.  Not even close to comparable.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There isn't a point.  You were being intentionally obtuse.  Not sure if you were trying to "prove" a point, because it wasn't applicable.  In no way does it make sense to draft a ST player prior to the 5th round.  The Packers drafted a QB, the most valuable position in all of professional sports, in the first round.  Not even close to comparable.

The point is that picking a QB this year was a loser move.  As you put it- "In no way does it make sense".     Picking a ST player is exactly what you said.

The last time the Packers picked a ST high they changed management over the stupidity.  It led to good years and a SB win.

I'd like us to do it again.  This group is more like Mike Sherman than it is Ron Wolf or TT.

Sorry-  I said I would be done.  I will be now.  

24 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I'm good. 

I actually think it makes perfect sense and is the way to go for Gute and MLF.   Best outcome possible for the long term.  Like picking a punter in the 3rd round.   That worked out for the best.  got us new and better management.

FireGute.com's value is skyrocketing

• Like 1

Just now, Brit Pack said:

After we gave you everything, you lot have the gall to bastardise our beautiful language

You spell "you took" as "we gave," too? 

That's so weird how your stupid language works.  It makes it sound like you gave us something when we clearly took it for ourselves. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You spell "you took" as "we gave," too? 

That's so weird how your stupid language works.  It makes it sound like you gave us something when we clearly took it for ourselves. 

That is so quaint and funny that you actually think that the British monarchy no longer rules your country. Oh my dear boy, really.

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -   If there were any lingering questions about how the Packers/Mike Pettine feel about the LB position, they traded up to 26 to draft a player who won't play for at least 3 years, because their board said so. They do. Not. Care about them.

////

Fallback option: Ty Summers in "step up" mode.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   If there were any lingering questions about how the Packers/Mike Pettine feel about the LB position, they traded up to 26 to draft a player who won't play for at least 3 years, because their board said so. They do. Not. Care about them.

Bertie Boatsman: I feel the proper way to emphasize would have been "They. Do. Not. Care. About. Them." The above form is clunky; the reader doesn't know when to pause, or for how long.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

////

I say Pettine is in step up mode.  If you can’t have a top defense without good players at every single position there’s something wrong with your defense.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

////

Is Peter just going to ignore the LB signed in free agency to prove his point? Yes of course he is.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I say Pettine is in step up mode.  If you can’t have a top defense without good players at every single position there’s something wrong with your defense.

?

Be it injury, player talent, contract departure....or whatever...most offensive/defensive units have some holes somewhere. It's just a constant task to fill them as best possible.

Is Ty Summers the answer to our ILB concerns? Hardly...or cant be counted on....but it would be nice for him to contribute more than just special teams.