2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

4 minutes ago, PackerLegend said:

Getting Love is fine, but WASTING a 4th to get him where I am pretty sure would of been there at 30, we could have used that pick to move up and get a really good WR which will probably not be there late in the 2nd. 

I was thinking that two, looking at the picks from 26 to 30, MIA, SEA, BAL, TEN, I'm pretty sure none of those teams would have drafted Love. Did we just pull a Bears and move up to take a QB that no one was going to take??

• Like 1

Cabbage, not when the chances he will be there in 4 picks are very very high. And maybe if he was a sure thing but he is far from it imo. If he is gone you move on, just like alot of players that went before him that Im sure they would love to have. Hope Love works out, but imo they could of got him at 30.

Edited by PackerLegend

1 minute ago, dwaye50327 said:

I was thinking that two, looking at the picks from 26 to 30, MIA, SEA, BAL, TEN, I'm pretty sure none of those teams would have drafted Love. Did we just pull a Bears and move up to take a QB that no one was going to take??

I believe the thinking was that they were worried about the Colts trading up ahead of them for Love.

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

You do know that other teams can trade up to take Love, just like the Packers traded up ?
For all you know the Packers fielded trade-ups from other teams (to #30) themselves, and therefore knew other teams were interested.
Besides that, when you are talking potential future QB1, a fourth round pick to secure them really doesn't signify.

• Like 4

The very fact that Seattle didn’t trade down for the first time in 10 years is proof that SOMEBODY had a deal worked out with Seattle to take Love.  We jumped one spot ahead of where every team who wanted Love was ready to jump to.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

The very fact that Seattle didn’t trade down for the first time in 10 years is proof that SOMEBODY had a deal worked out with Seattle to take Love.  We jumped one spot ahead of where every team who wanted Love was ready to jump to.  

Yeah, it was us. That came out last night. We had a deal with the Seahawks and traded with the Dolphins instead. 

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Believe it or not a few years into that "suck" the fanbase starts to forget that championship and starts to put the pressure back on management to get back there. 

Yep. And the ones whining about not going "all-in" are the exact same type of people that will be the first to say "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately?" 3 yrs after that. 

Besides, so many random things happen if football. You could go "all-in" and have something flukey happen that ruins it. An unfortunate injury or unlikely turnover or bad referee call. And now all of a sudden, you've wasted your shot and have to wait 5 more years to take it again. Even without the flukeness, you could still lose to against another team that *also* went "all-in". There will probably be a couple in any given year, not counting the rising upstarts whose window just opened up like Wilson & the Legion of Boom. It's hard to beat the entire "field", even if you are favored to beat any individual team. Gotta go at least 3-0 in the playoffs and sometimes 4-0. All against good teams, where the margins are slim, even for those that are favored. 

14 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

The assumption would be that Seattle was looking to move back (they always do) and someone who wants him might jump you for Love.

3 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Does Love throwing a good deep ball boost the value of a guy like Hamler today?

I gotta say, if we take Hamler, much less trade up for him, I will lose complete faith in Gute. He is small and he drops the ball. No thanks

Edited by JBURGE

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I gotta say, if we take Hamler, much less trade up for him, I will lose complete faith in Gute. He is small and he drops the ball. No thanks

personally hoping for Mims today.

Edited by PackerLegend