Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

After watching Arnette, I would be very happy with quintez cephus in round 5. His 40 will drop him, but this dude has a beautiful release. He looks like a productive "big receiver" in the NFL.

Great article here. Tyler Johnson is also super crafty and would be a nice 4th rounder if we can't land a receiver earlier.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/wide-receivers-nfl-draft-jerry-jeudy-kj-hamler-bryan-edwards

• Like 1

Very interesting that soooo many teams took consensus picks. 

Makes me wonder how many teams deviate from their board, and get convinced by a scout or coordinator to take Player X when he's not top pick on their board.  

I mean, we saw very, very few true surprises.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

we don't care about value so let's trade our 3s for a second

I really think that's only a 1st rd thing. Now that we seen 2 first rounds. I think the philosophy is player of need that best fit our scheme. Reach or value be darn. I think day 2 and 3 is where mayock do his work and take best players available on his board. 

The 1st rd habits may change once this team fills out even more. 

I also wonder if mayock is anti reggie and instead of under pricing trades and is trying to get teams to over pay. Weird that we tried to trade from 12 and 19 and couldnt do it. 

Bryan Edwards, Mims in trade up and ruggs pick looks great. If mayock thinks like I do, you have to pair ruggs with a big wr for redzone. 

Then develop them together and you can cut ties with Tyrell if he doesnt preform well. If he does, u got studs everywhere.

• Like 2

Sooo many WRs I would be happy with. 

Love to see a top OG slide (even tho they are set there for now, I realize I'm alone on this, lol)

An athletic LB, another corner, a FS type, interior pass rusher, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson.

Lot of players would make me happy. 

• Like 1