Draft Day Thread: Day 2

MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Also how bad do the trades for Zay Jones and Trevor Davis look now? 

Pretty bad. Davis was a total flop other than 1 good run. Jones is still TBD and has potential but wouldn't be surprised if he's cut. I just hope with the Ruggs and potential 3rd rounder, we'll stop wasting picks on quick WR fixes. 

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

iIf we had taken Lamb or Jeudy would we still be after a WR ? I see what Ruggs brings but interested to see what role he plays in our offense if we do look for a WR i today. 

Also how bad do the trades for Zay Jones and Trevor Davis look now? 

Tyrell is a cut candidate next year. He is a big part of this offense, but if we have Ruggs and another rookie stepping up, it makes sense.

Even with Lamb, or Jeudy, it's not a deep room. No sure things.

Regarding the trades, late picks for vets with ability? I'll do those trades all day long  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting idea to keep Carr, sign Mariota to a big contract, retain Peterman for a good chunk then still draft a dude. I like Hurts and would be down to pick him in the 3rd but would we really keep 4 QBs?

Even keeping three QB's seems a little meh with one of the highest paid starters and the highest paid backup in the league already on the roster.  

1 minute ago, massraider said:

Tyrell is a cut candidate next year. He is a big part of this offense, but if we have Ruggs and another rookie stepping up, it makes sense.

Regarding the trades, late picks for vets with ability? I'll do those trades all day long  

You are calling Davis a good trade ?? Seriously?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Geezy said:

id hate taking a QB today, I like Hurts, and think he can develop into a Dak Prescott type QB, but I think we should finish filling out the roster. Carr, Mariota and Peterman is a nice trio. 

One thing about Hurts coming here would be that he'd be coming into a very similar situation that Prescott went into when he got drafted by Dallas. He'd have a top 10 offensive line, top 10 running back, top 5 TE, and a solid group of WR's to work with.

Our WR room is looking pretty good going into the offseason program. A legit NFL player is going to get cut not some scrub. 

Ruggs, Williams, Renefrow, Jones, Agholor, Gafford, and Doss. Plus another pick in this draft I am sure. We probably only carry 6 maybe 7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

You are calling Davis a good trade ?? Seriously?

No, I'm saying a late pick for a guy you like is a deal I'm cool with.  

Bad trade, it doesn't move the needle. Whatever guy we wanted with that late pick, we get as a UDFA. Davis was free.

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

Our WR room is looking pretty good going into the offseason program. A legit NFL player is going to get cut not some scrub. 

Ruggs, Williams, Renefrow, Jones, Agholor, Gafford, and Doss. Plus another pick in this draft I am sure. We probably only carry 6 maybe 7.

Geez, I keep forgetting Agholor somehow. He's going to be a nice depth piece behind Renfrow. We're set on slot this year. Ruggs and Williams on the outside with another rookie and Jones/Doss looks ok.

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

Unless Williams puts up like 1,000+ yards this season he's almost guaranteed to be gone after this season. I think our WR right now is actually pretty solid tbh. There's not a dominant #1 but Williams is one of the best deep threats in the league, Renfrow came on really strong as a slot option late in the year, and Ruggs should be able to make some big plays all around the field. After that we have Zay Jones who's only 25, a former 2nd round pick, and a guy that has produced 650 yards and 7 TD in a season. Plus Agholor who is only 26, a former first round pick,  that put up 1,400 yards and 12 TD in 2017/2018. 

The need for a dominant #1 is kind of eliminated when you have Waller who will be the first option in the passing game. I mean look no further than the two teams in the Super Bowl to see what I'm talking about. 

Kansas City: Kelce (97 receptions/1,229 yards), Hill (58 receptions/860 yards), Watkins (52 receptions/673 yards), Harman (26 receptions/538 yards)

San Francisco: Kittle (85 receptions/1,053 yards), Samuel (57 receptions/802 yards), Sanders (36 receptions/502 yards), Bourne (30 receptions/358 yards)

7 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Williams, Renfrow, Jones, and Agholor have all put up 600+ yards in a season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, massraider said:

No, I'm saying a late pick for a guy you like is a deal I'm cool with.  

Bad trade, it doesn't move the needle. Whatever guy we wanted with that late pick, we get as a UDFA. Davis was free.

That 6th could be used to move up though or to package in a deal, terrible trade.