Postgame: The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Ugly

SilverNBlackFan

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Washington DB's almost had less drops than Cooper too. Honestly, I really hope Crabtree doesn't have to miss any time. I don't care what his "upside" might be, Cooper isn't producing. He isn't getting separation, he isn't catching the ball. And it isn't just tonight. And can someone please tell me why Seth Roberts is still our #3? At this point, put Luani out there at WR. Least he knows how to find and hold onto a ball. 

Cant make any more excuses for Coop. He flat out isn't playing good this year. Crabtree wasn't getting open either before he got hurt and had a bad drop too, but hopefully he is okay. 

Honestly both Coop and Crab have games like these against physical teams who get in their face and play phsical with them. 

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I can't lie, Cooper's been very disappointing.  I'm willing to overlook a drop here and there, but he consistently is not coming down with routine plays that he should.  Granted, no one came to play today, but he needs to fix it.

The more difficult the catch, the better chance he has to come down with it. Its the routine ones that he just flat out drops. Its infuriating.

I used to troll Viking fans for saying Stephon Diggs > Coop, but honestly right now Diggs is the better player. Coop has sucked this year.

Better to get it handed to us now so we NEVER come out like that again!!!

Congrats to Washington for beating us up. Carr looked out of synch and nobody looked as prepared as before.

Learn from it and improve. lots of work all around and no excuses. The better team won tonight, but we're better than what we did tonight. Congrats skins...

It's taken 3 hrs for me to even be able to look back at the game without feeling disgust. But I remind myself that I scouted this team (Redskins) and they looked like they did alot of things well and I tried to tell some on hear that we shouldn't take then lightly. But even I couldn't have guessed how complete the lose would be. Carr and the passing game was out of sync and their LBs keyed on the run to keep Lynch form breaking free all game. It was just a snow ball effect. Our run defense was good for the most part but we continue to struggle on 3rd down in the passing game. I also anticipated this early in this season. The one thing that I can take from this is that we get to see how this team reacts and rebounds vs another tough opponent. I believe we will respond but only time will tell.

Throwing the pick on the first play is the easiest way to ruin a game plan,after that the scripted plays go out the window. And I love Marshawn but he's better as game finisher use the other guys in the pass game underneath until the stuff down field opens up. And finally stop running 5 wide vs a 4 man rush it's just stupid to telegraph pass plays and leave Carr unprotected. I hope there is more to the offensive game plan than what we have seen Cooper needs more targets whether he catches all of them or not.

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I'm still at a loss for words...

Everyone but King played terribly but above all to me...

Our coaching staff got ANNIHILATED tonight. I'll give Downing a break but his play selection boggled my mind tonight.

But I'm tired of Norton altogether

Downing is getting too cute. Oline was getting beaten all night. He didn't call a screen, bootleg, play action.... nothing avoid pressure and keep them honest. His Oline was getting whipped and he had no answer. Looked in over his head last night.

KNJ is who he is. How they can't do the routine things get old. giving up a 3rd and 19 to a screen... wow.

Old fashioned whipping which hopefully will be a reality bite for this team. 

Worst game I've seen Carr have, seemed confused what to do with what the Redskins were doing on defense. Mack was the only player to come out with any credit imo. 

22 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Old fashioned whipping which hopefully will be a reality bite for this team. 

Worst game I've seen Carr have, seemed confused what to do with what the Redskins were doing on defense. Mack was the only player to come out with any credit imo. 

Mack, somewhat. As great as he is he has yet to show anything of the type of game owning stuff that, for example, Von Miller has. 

As for Carr, when the opponents seem to be swarmed on deep plays, swarmed on short plays, swarming in pass rush and swarming on run D, there's two things that can be at play. One, your team is horrid. Two, your team is asleep. Carr wasn't confused. He was asleep with the rest of them, the line, the Wrs, the runners, and the coaches especially Downing. I was thinking mid game, "how can Wash's D be on top of every part of the game in every part of the field?". I watch football, when it comes to schemes and D there's always one thing you sell out defensively to cover another. Always an exploit to any D, unless it's a world class unit. There had to be spots where they were vulnerable. But you can't take advantage if you can't execute a simple damn thing, can't take care of the ball, aren't scheming counters, and aren't playing hard. 

Good - Cowser, run d, to a lesser degree Mack

Bad - nothing because it all belongs in ugly

Ugly - everything else

In all seriousness Cowser was the only player playing at their (Wash) level of effort. And Cory James blasted Perine on the fumble, hurt his hand, cut his arm.

Archived