Postgame: The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Ugly

SilverNBlackFan

At least now they'll prepare for looks like this....teams will always counter you once they have film and show you different looks, especially early in the season, you just have to counter back.

TD is young and has to know how to adjust when things not shown on tape are thrown at him.

This game was a work of art by the Redskins and an absolutely brilliant coaching job. Hats off to them.

Last thought on this game and then moving onto Sunday.....

What's important is how this team is playing in Nov./Dec. because that is where playoff teams are made. They have a month of football to get the kinks worked out and let some of the young guys continue to develop.

Right now, it's clear Penn hasn't worked himself into shape after holding out. Cooper needs a confidence boost. Lynch needs to get more touches in the red zone. Coach TD needs to find his stride as a play caller. The secondary needs to gel and find the best players to do it. 

Losses like this, you can take in Sept. But you can't have these in Nov. They will rebound. And hopefully on offense that starts by completing a pass over 20 yards!! The conservative quick hitters need to stop being the focal point of the offense. They need to pressure defenses vertically. 

Time to take the training wheels off Lynch.

I know he was getting popped vs. Washington, but going forward we need to set the tone offensively with our run game. We've got some tough defensive teams coming up on the schedule and the only way I see our offense sustaining a very high level is with a good to great run game. It'll help the offensive line, it'll help Derek Carr, and it'll help every other skill player on this offense.

Lynch has shown that he is the Marshawn Lynch of old and it's time to put the rock in his belly. The time is now. We cannot simply try to be cute with our offense and preserve him for later in the season - not in the AFC West at least. 

If we're trying to win the division (duh), it's going to be because of Lynch, our offensive line and run game.

15 hours ago, ima said:

Time to take the training wheels off Lynch.

I know he was getting popped vs. Washington, but going forward we need to set the tone offensively with our run game. We've got some tough defensive teams coming up on the schedule and the only way I see our offense sustaining a very high level is with a good to great run game. It'll help the offensive line, it'll help Derek Carr, and it'll help every other skill player on this offense.

Lynch has shown that he is the Marshawn Lynch of old and it's time to put the rock in his belly. The time is now. We cannot simply try to be cute with our offense and preserve him for later in the season - not in the AFC West at least. 

If we're trying to win the division (duh), it's going to be because of Lynch, our offensive line and run game.

I disagree. The NFL season is a marathon not a sprint and the RB position is the most punishing. Say Lynch gets a hamstring or a high ankle sprain? I mean durability isn't really his thing and if homeboy goes down do you really expect Richard and Washington to carry the load? I'm a fan of Richard, reminds me of Sporels, but the offense needs a grinder to get tough yards. Honestly I say we wait until Nov or Dec to see the Lynch show when the weathers bad. 

22 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I disagree. The NFL season is a marathon not a sprint and the RB position is the most punishing. Say Lynch gets a hamstring or a high ankle sprain? I mean durability isn't really his thing and if homeboy goes down do you really expect Richard and Washington to carry the load? I'm a fan of Richard, reminds me of Sporels, but the offense needs a grinder to get tough yards. Honestly I say we wait until Nov or Dec to see the Lynch show when the weathers bad. 

I agree with with you in theory that it would be ideal to have a fresh beast mode come week 10 and on, but with our division we better win games and win games now. 

We made the playoffs once in the past 15 years, no way should we be riding high and virtually guaranteeing ourselfs to make it again.  Nothing is guaranteed.

At a minimum, let's pound the rock down at the goaline. Free Beast Mode.

Archived