2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

2 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Qietly also a huge amount of value and with this likely Anthony Harris' last weekend as a Viking, getting someone like Antoine Winfield Jr. or Ashtyn Davis would be great, too.

I think the opposite, since no one drafted safety in R1, all the potentially interested teams can just get their safety's in R2 and not trade for Harris.

Think he stays in purple one way or the other, we are trying to contend in this 2 year Cousins window. Little chance we don't want 2 pro bowl safety on the defense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Step it up with the discussion guys... the Packers already have 45 pages dedicated to Jordan Love.

Yeah because they are all doing this probably.

giphy.gif

Honestly though I was thinking wow that would have been great if the Vikings could have done the same thing if they did not resign Kirk to the extension.  His contract would have been up after this next year and Love would take over.  I would not have been totally against that but I am fine with the commitment to Kirk this year because if not it would have made the season a total wash almost.  Still sure Packer fans hate it because it does not help them right now, but is a similar situation to how they got Rodgers obviously, I would not hate the pick at all if I was them but sure they hate it.  Honestly doubt that D can play as lights out as they did last year especially the edge rushers but will see.  Rodgers has clearly lost it a little and will be on his way out in a year or two, I would be shocked if he makes it to 2023.

Major problem with taking Love at this point of Rodgers contract is that you're burning two or three of his "cheap" years of the rookie contract.  You're losing a significant benefit of having a young QB on a rookie wage scale deal.

Just now, RpMc said:

Major problem with taking Love at this point of Rodgers contract is that you're burning two or three of his "cheap" years of the rookie contract.  You're losing a significant benefit of having a young QB on a rookie wage scale deal.

Sure if he is Patrick Mahomes which he is not, Love is not ready to start right now and would benefit greatly by sitting a year or two.  Still I bet they cut Rodgers before that contract is up if he plays worse than he did last year.  

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I'm all for drafting Winfield Jr and playing him at nickel and putting on the field the all midget corner 5'10 and under corner lineup!

That would be great, really depends on how much faith they have in Harris being resigned.  If not, safety is a massive need and all the best ones are still all there in the 2nd, like literally every single one if one does not consider Simmons a safety.

So, we have 12 picks left. I guess we have to hope and hit on 3. That’s all that’s gonna happen unless they start using there heads a little bit and start trading up. So this is what I want:

Trade for Williams if we can.. if not.

trade our 2nd and 2 7th’s to move up in round 2.

Trade a 4th, 5th, and 6th to move up into the 3rd.

Trade: repeat!! 4th, 5th, and 6th to move up in the 3rd.

So, we have a 2nd, and 4 3rd round picks along with 1 7th left..

That’s still 6 picks and hopefully we hit on 5 of them along with our 2 1st round picks and actually walk away with 7 players that can really help this team...