4: Best DL available 
4: Best WR available 
5: Best CB/OL/WR available
5: Best CB/OL/WR/DL available
6: Best CB/OL/WR/DL available
7: Best CB/OL/WR/DL available

I feel like if we follow closely to that, we will walk away with an exceptional draft that covers all our holes and gives ample opportunity to find some studs. 

Edited by Frank Costello
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

I would like to see us draft in this order with our remaining picks 

2: best CB or OL available
3: Best CB or OL available
3: Best CB or OL available
4: Best DL available 
4: Best WR available 
5: Best CB/OL/WR available
5: Best CB/OL/WR available

I feel like if we follow closely to that, we will walk away with an exceptional draft that covers all our holes and gives ample opportunity to find some studs. 

You don’t have enough picks? We have 2 6th round picks and 3 7th round picks...

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Rick mentioned multiple times after the first round last night that they now have the draft capital to move up and around in Day 2.

And that’s what we should do.. trade all those late picks and move up. No reason we shouldn’t pick 5 times tonight. Trade into the 3rd round with all those picks.

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I hope they enjoy the 17-31M dead hit for cutting Rodgers with 2/3 years left on his deal if that's the route they go.

You really think he will make it starting and playing at a high level till 2024?  Even if he does, that is four years and Love is signed for that four years, Rodgers sat for three but I would not be shocked if something goes down in 2023 if Love is progressing as a player.  

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If the trade for Trent Williams goes down, I’m jumping up and down on the table to Antoine Winfield Jr. 

That would be awesome but honestly I have no idea how they would even pay Trent Williams unless Reiff goes with the trade to open up his contract money.

Just now, Vikes22 said:

And that’s what we should do.. trade all those late picks and move up. No reason we shouldn’t pick 5 times tonight. Trade into the 3rd round with all those picks.

Very true, if they do indeed use all of their draft picks, all those players would not even be able to make the roster anyway.  I would not mind trading 2-4 of them away to move up to teams without many picks.  Then again a few other teams with a lot of picks like the Vikings will potentially be doing the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

Picking five times tonight is highly unlikely. I'd imagine the pick their three times, but use Day 3 picks to move up higher from where those picks currently are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Picking five times tonight is highly unlikely. I'd imagine the pick their three times, but use Day 3 picks to move up higher from where those picks currently are.

If that would be the case, then I’m trading up from the 3rd round ( both picks ) into the 2nd round. If we only have 3 picks, we have to hit on all of them. 

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Dane Brugler just posted his day 2 mock. 
58 - DT Neville Gallimore

89 - OT Prince Tega

105 - DE Jabari Zuniga

thoughts?

Pretty meh, Gallimore is more of a NT, and we don't need a player there.

Prince is a solid pick

Don't love Zuniga

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Major problem with taking Love at this point of Rodgers contract is that you're burning two or three of his "cheap" years of the rookie contract.  You're losing a significant benefit of having a young QB on a rookie wage scale deal.

This is why QBs should not take discounts, management prioritized the after Rodgers period over the current window.

Rodgers should be pissed. This is different than Farve (Rodgers selection), assuming Farve was paid whatever market value was at the time.

On the flip, we paid Cousins market value, he should have no qwams if we did something like take a QBOTF

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Dane Brugler just posted his day 2 mock. 
58 - DT Neville Gallimore

89 - OT Prince Tega

105 - DE Jabari Zuniga

thoughts?

Spielman should be fired. Nothing against any of these players, as they are probably fine, but the team needs some interior offensive linemen in the worst possible way and they continue to not solve the problem. Waiting until the 4th round isn't going to change things.

If I keep going to the store at noon to get TP and it is out, I don't just go back at noon. Eventually I learn I have to go to the store closer to when it opens if I want TP. If I refuse to do that, things are going to get messy.

6 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Spielman should be fired. Nothing against any of these players, as they are probably fine, but the team needs some interior offensive linemen in the worst possible way and they continue to not solve the problem. Waiting until the 4th round isn't going to change things.

If I keep going to the store at noon to get TP and it is out, I don't just go back at noon. Eventually I learn I have to go to the store closer to when it opens if I want TP. If I refuse to do that, things are going to get messy.

Spielman should be fired for getting great value last night at 2 huge positions of need and not reaching for a guard?

He literally drafted an interior lineman at 18 last year. Let's wait and see what happens after this weekend. 

Rookie guards more often than not play like replacement level Lineman. They have some veterans already on the team and there is still a chance Kline comes back. 

1 minute ago, byuvike88 said:

Spielman should be fired for getting great value last night at 2 huge positions of need and not reaching for a guard?

He literally drafted an interior lineman at 18 last year. Let's wait and see what happens after this weekend. 

Rookie guards more often than not play like replacement level Lineman. They have some veterans already on the team and there is still a chance Kline comes back. 

No. You missed the context of the discussion I was having. I was replying to a post that shows the Vikings not taking any interior linemen through their first five picks. I am fine with them not taking an interior linemen yesterday. They do have to work the phones to get in whatever position is needed to get the right guys today. What I was responding to showed them not doing that.