NFCN rivals picks

dll2000

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's very true, except I'm looking at it from a different point of view. The Lions were crap last year with Slay, so now he leaves and in comes Okudah. Did they get better? Their receivers still suck, their OL is still average, their pass rush is one player only and their secondary as a whole is meh.

FWIW I expect DET will take either a WR or a pass rusher at 35 tonight. Hamler makes a lot of sense there with Golladay and Hockenson, but given the choice of either I’d probably take Epenesa or Gross-Matos first. 

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW I expect DET will take either a WR or a pass rusher at 35 tonight. Hamler makes a lot of sense there with Golladay and Hockenson, but given the choice of either I’d probably take Epenesa or Gross-Matos first. 

This is my expectation.  

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Other thing, Strafford broke his bloody back last year.  Is old and expensive and has won nothing.  

Could Detroit go Hurts? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Other thing, Strafford broke his bloody back last year.  Is old and expensive and has won nothing.  

Could Detroit go Hurts? 

I’d be genuinely surprised. If they were looking to replace Stafford after 2020 you’d think they would have gone with Tua at 3. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

I’d be genuinely surprised. If they were looking to replace Stafford after 2020 you’d think they would have gone with Tua at 3. 

Here is thing. If I am Lions and these other Gms are playing me.  I take Tua and force a trade.  

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

Love is a great prospect with a huge ceiling.

I agree with the 2nd part. There’s too much negative in his game for me to call him a great prospect though. That said, I would MUCH rather have Love at 26 than Herbert at 6. 

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

Here is thing. If I am Lions and these other Gms are playing me.  I take Tua and force a trade.  

Let’s say they call my bluff.  Worst case scenario I sit Tua for a year and get him healthy.  How valuable is he next year on trade market?

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

They could play themselves in that situation too though - say they do take Tua then MIA just takes Herbert instead and LAC goes with Derrick Brown or an OT or takes Okudah themselves. Now you’re stuck with a player you didn’t really want taken in the top 5 - not a bad consolation prize by any means but not a present day gain either. Patricia and Quinn are probably trying to save their jobs this year. Taking a player who won’t play for them in 2020 at 3 was probably never a real consideration. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

They could play themselves in that situation too though - say they do take Tua then MIA just takes Herbert instead and LAC goes with Derrick Brown or an OT or takes Okudah themselves. Now you’re stuck with a player you didn’t really want taken in the top 5 - not a bad consolation prize by any means but not a present day gain either. Patricia and Quinn are probably trying to save their jobs this year. Taking a player who won’t play for them in 2020 at 3 was probably never a real consideration. 

I don’t know.  QBs are sooo valuable. Even if they aren’t playing they have incredible future value if well thought if. 

And what if you keep him and he is stud so many think he is.  Maybe get something for Stafford next year.   Not a bad thing. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

I don’t know.  QBs are sooo valuable. Even if they aren’t playing they have incredible future value if well thought if. 

And what if you keep him and he is stud so many think he is.  Maybe get something for Stafford next year.   Not a bad thing. 

It isn’t greatest for this year, but as a long run move? It has no downside. Other than new medicals come out saying he is done.  But what are odds of that?

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree with the 2nd part. There’s too much negative in his game for me to call him a great prospect though. That said, I would MUCH rather have Love at 26 than Herbert at 6. 

I probably should have said "great talent" or something similar. He has the best QB upside in this draft class. If he pans out, the Packers have another elite QB for the next decade.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I don’t disagree, but a GM who probably won’t be there next year without marked improvement this year probably doesn’t care so much about future QB trade value. This wasn’t take the QB with future value or take a solid corner prospect - this was take the QB with future value or take a corner prospect with Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey comps. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t disagree, but a GM who probably won’t be there next year without marked improvement this year probably doesn’t care so much about future QB trade value. This wasn’t take the QB with future value or take a solid corner prospect - this was take the QB with future value or take a corner prospect with Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey comps. 

This is problem with poor job security.  To me obvious move is trade the pick or if GMs are playing games take Tua.  

It is like buying beach front property at a great location.  Even if house is ****ty you are going to make money in long run.