NFCN rivals picks

dll2000

Just now, CBears019 said:

I don’t think Dillon was a great pick for the Pack given their needs, however i think he’s going to be a real frustrating guy to play against for a few years.

Maybe he will eat his way out like Lacy.  

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

I don’t think Dillon was a great pick for the Pack given their needs, however i think he’s going to be a real frustrating guy to play against for a few years.

They better start replacing O linemen then.  

What does that mean?  Are they spying?  Hacking computers? Getting inside info from other teams personnel?   Paying reporters who said they wouldn’t tell until after draft?

If you are going take away Patriots picks for footballs and promotional camera crews then these things need to be investigated as well.  

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

What does that mean?  Are they spying?  Hacking computers? Getting inside info from other teams personnel?   Paying reporters who said they wouldn’t tell until after draft?

If you are going take away Patriots picks for footballs and promotional camera crews then these things need to be investigated as well.  

I'm sure this stuff happens all the time, most likely guys from different organizations talking to each other during the scouting process and GMs shopping deals around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm sure this stuff happens all the time, most likely guys from different organizations talking to each other during the scouting process and GMs shopping deals around.

I’m just stirring trouble.  Lamely.

Edited by dll2000

So I had this thought and one of PFF guys put it out on a podcast as well.   

Lafleur is a Shanahan tree guy.  49ers puddle stomped them twice last year and Lafleur has to be thinking this is what I want for my offense.  This is what it is supposed to look like.  This is what we are going to create here.   This is what I want.  

I want power running, creative running, play action and take your shots.  I want two plays called and pick the one based on defensive personnel and front.  I don't need an Aaron Rodgers.  I just need a guy.   A cost controlled guy.

I need big backs, a FB, a TE and good lines.  I don't need a ton of WRs.

Explains their draft.  He is going against the grain.  Titans did it too.  

Now he may be forgetting that 49ers lines were stocked with high first round talent after several awful seasons and they found a late round TE gem.   Then they were gifted a QB out of blue.  Those guys don't grow on trees.  So creating that 49ers team is easier said than done.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:32 AM, dll2000 said:

It means that teams talk.  And it's not like people don't have a strong idea of what's going to transpire.  There's some level of uncertainty, but teams have a decent idea.  The farther you get away from the first pick, the more uncertainty comes into play.  Green Bay sitting at 30 likely had several trade discussions with teams ahead of them and behind them.  They can connect the dots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So I had this thought and one of PFF guys put it out on a podcast as well.   

Lafleur is a Shanahan tree guy.  49ers puddle stomped them twice last year and Lafleur has to be thinking this is what I want for my offense.  This is what it is supposed to look like.  This is what we are going to create here.   This is what I want.  

I want power running, creative running, play action and take your shots.  I want two plays called and pick the one based on defensive personnel and front.  I don't need an Aaron Rodgers.  I just need a guy.   A cost controlled guy.

I need big backs, a FB, a TE and good lines.  I don't need a ton of WRs.

Explains their draft.  He is going against the grain.  Titans did it too.  

Now he may be forgetting that 49ers lines were stocked with high first round talent after several awful seasons and they found a late round TE gem.   Then they were gifted a QB out of blue.  Those guys don't grow on trees.  So creating that 49ers team is easier said than done.

He should notice that they lost to a generational QB. I think he should blend his style with a HOF QB. His offensive line is not at all on the same level of the Niners. I also suspect the Niners will not make the Superbowl again because of Jimmy G.