NFCN rivals picks

dll2000

It's interesting to me that, on average, Bears fans seem to be much more level headed about the Love pick than Packers fans. Maybe front row seats to witness decades of comical mismanagement of the position grants a certain amount of perspective on the matter...

My first thought when I heard about the pick was 'Oh FUDGE' (except I didn't say fudge). Here we go again.

Was a bit shocked to find out that people generally hated the pick, Packers fans especially. Critiques of the prospect are fair, I suppose, but you have to be willing to bet on your development process IMO. Critiques of the move (drafting a QB when you still have Rodgers for 3+ years) are short sighted, to say the least, and flat out ignorant to be blunt.

'This doesn't help us for next year' is probably the worst possible argument. The draft is not where you find help for 'next year'. The draft is where you set your team up for years to come. And for that matter, if you want to draft a player for immediate impact, you can't do much better than picking a RB, a move they also hated.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ForteOz said:

'This doesn't help us for next year' is probably the worst possible argument. The draft is not where you find help for 'next year'. The draft is where you set your team up for years to come. And for that matter, if you want to draft a player for immediate impact, you can't do much better than picking a RB, a move they also hated.

I guess they're forgetting the magic DeShone Kizer displayed on the field, eh? I'm sure the plan is to have Love not see the field at all next season (whenever that is), but if called upon? You're much less likely to have a wasted year...

On 4/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, Leader said:

All due respect....but who cares how he feels?
Thats fan and sportsmedia speak.

ARs a professional. A well paid professional. He's got a job to do...which he's not excelled at recently.
Due to injury? Due to "disagreements" with the HC? Due to "he's feeling a bit fat, happy and unreachable?"

Dont know/cant say.

AR needs to ball out again. The weapons are there. The completion opportunities are there. He needs to throw the damn ball. 
He's paid to make smart decisions and deliver the football accurately. Others are paid to run, catch and then run some more.
The others cant do their job if the guy who's job it is to deliver the ball is "missing" opportunities and throwing the ball away at a record pace.

In hindsight, its probably no accident that the GB offense seemed to "click" the best when it was on its initial "scripted" plays.
Boom. March on down the field and score....not always score...but for dramatic effect it makes the commentary that much more compelling. But after that 15-20 plays? Not so productive. The question is why....and I think the GM/HC have an answer.

If AR gets back to (or gets to) throwing in rhythm.....good things transpire. He gets to "winging it".....good things can (and do) transpire - but less frequently and with less assurance.

See soap box.
See me step off soap box and walk away :)

You guys should sign Percy Harvin.  He was a great RB/WR combo at Florida and when used that way in pros.  Goes with new direction coach wants to go.  He could always make explosive plays.   

I say it with all seriousness.  I don't want it to happen.

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You guys should sign Percy Harvin.  He was a great RB/WR combo at Florida and when used that way in pros.  Goes with new direction coach wants to go.  He could always make explosive plays.   

I say it with all seriousness.  I don't want it to happen.

Maybe....could be...(doubt it...but could be)....but the guy has some SERIOUS issues with staying on the field.
After (how long not playing?) thats gonna change? I doubt that also.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Maybe....could be...(doubt it...but could be)....but the guy has some SERIOUS issues with staying on the field.
After (how long not playing?) thats gonna change? I doubt that also.

He had migraines.  Not sure if he has that under control now.

You can probably bring him into camp for nothing and see how he does.  Can't hurt.  1 year deals is NFL is norm.  He is a dynamic playmaker at his best.  Always has been.

Just never been a consistently useful guy.   But he can change games for sure.  And always is good with ball in his hands - like Urban Meyer used to use him.  

He fits system that SF and GB are running.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He had migraines.  Not sure if he has that under control now. You can probably bring him into camp for nothing and see how he does.  Can't hurt.  1 year deals is NFL is norm.  He is a dynamic playmaker at his best.  Always has been. Just never been a consistently useful guy.   But he can change games for sure.  And always is good with ball in his hands - like Urban Meyer used to use him.  He fits system that SF and GB are running.  

He used to be a dynamic playmaker. Could he be again? Cant say. Will GB "go there?" I tend to doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

He used to be a dynamic playmaker. Could he be again? Cant say. Will GB "go there?" I tend to doubt it.

Well, one doesn't want potentional dynamic playmakers that fit a need.  Whatever.  Bears never do what I want them to do either.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Well, one doesn't want potentional dynamic playmakers that fit a need.  Whatever.  Bears never do what I want them to do either.

He was on two teams in 2014 - played 13 games - and closed out his career with BUF 2015-2016 - playing in a total of 7 games (two his last year). Point is - there's no tape on this guy for a long, long, long (long) time now....and with the way things are now....getting a take on what he's got still is problematic at best.