Draft Day Two Thread

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

South Carolina? Yeah I'd be fine.

If you're talking about Pittman I would be. He's a special case though.

Yeah.  Pittman may be a USC receiver, but he's about as polar opposite from Marqise as it gets.  Very much in the ARob mold.  Big, not a real burner, but a lot of detail in his game and route running, and probably most importantly...he can catch the football.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

10 minutes.

Word has it a lot of trades incoming.

Wouldn't surprise me.  Everyone's had all day to work things out and try to shuffle around and posture for guys they want "leftover" from last night.

Just hope a bunch of deals don't end up screwing us over with the guys we want.  If they're serious about Ezra, i could actually even see them using some of that spare mid-round capital to try to jump up a few spots like they did with Cam if i recall correctly, to make sure they got him.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Pittman may be a USC receiver, but he's about as polar opposite from Marqise as it gets.  Very much in the ARob mold.  Big, not a real burner, but a lot of detail in his game and route running, and probably most importantly...he can catch the football.

When was the last time USC had a WR pan out?

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  Everyone's had all day to work things out and try to shuffle around and posture for guys they want "leftover" from last night.

Just hope a bunch of deals don't end up screwing us over with the guys we want.  If they're serious about Ezra, i could actually even see them using some of that spare mid-round capital to try to jump up a few spots like they did with Cam if i recall correctly, to make sure they got him.

They'll def have to move up for him.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I want a WR but I would still be happy seeing Ezra or a safety.

Yeah, I want offensive playmakers. But I get the feeling that’s not where we’re going with the first pick. Hoping we trade up into one of these rounds and come out with two offensive skill position players on top of whatever they do at 42.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Woods, and Juju sorta maybe kinda probably?

After as long as he’s been in the league and as long as it took him to put it together, I completely forgot Woods was a Trojan.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m guessing it’s a Tackle or Safety.

Safety feels like something to maybe wait on.  I'm not a fan of Delpit though.  I'd be fine with Winifield or Ashtyn Davis, but the latter could be within striking distance of moving up a bit later.  Burgess is kinda interesting too, and could be available later.  Chinn is kinda fun too if we decided that Ronnie can actually handle FS, like was discussed with Simmons.

We do need an upgrade there though, and those guys would be decent value.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

After as long as he’s been in the league and as long as it took him to put it together, I completely forgot Woods was a Trojan.

Yeah.  Took him awhile to find the right fit, for sure.  And jury is still kinda out on Juju, though it's hard to really get a read on how much was AB leaving vs just truly ghastly QB play.