2020 Draft Day GDT: Day 2, everyone is about to be bored

Forge

It'd be nice if we could package one of our trade bait players with a fifth to move into the third. Also, depending on the player, I'd think long and hard about moving out of a second round pick next year for a pick at the top of the third this year similar to what the Saints did for Kamara. We have no idea what happens with college football, and if you think that this draft is a little weird, just wait until we see next years draft with possibly an enhanced supplemental draft, limited season exposure to evaluate prospects, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Was really hoping to wake up today and find out that we traded Goodwin. Also, with Philly drafting Reagor, guessing they are out as a potential trade partner. 

New England would make a lot of sense tbh.

• Like 2

Teams have apparently been calling Carolina about Curtis Samuel a lot. He would have been an interesting addition in this offense. 

Raiders are also shopping Gabe Jackson. Not a fit for the scheme for us, and he's got a hefty contract, so that probably isn't going to happen. 

I'm just going to re-add this to the new thread so we can dwell on this a bit more. 

https://twitter.com/KeianaMartinTV/status/1253586362441162754?s=20

Kyle Shanahan believed there was "no way" Aiyuk would have lasted to pick No. 31 (Hence the trade) But he admitted CeeDee Lamb was the guy "who was competition with him." #49ers

Salt in the wound. If Kinlaw wasn't available CeeDee Lamb most likely would have been the pick. 

8 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Texans sounds good. Maybe we can get Arizona's 2nd round pick. It's our turn BOB!

They already have two versions of goodwin in Stills and Fuller lol. Fuller especially seeing as how he's also always hurt. 

Honestly, I'm assuming we just end up cutting him. 

22 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'm just going to re-add this to the new thread so we can dwell on this a bit more. 

https://twitter.com/KeianaMartinTV/status/1253586362441162754?s=20

Kyle Shanahan believed there was "no way" Aiyuk would have lasted to pick No. 31 (Hence the trade) But he admitted CeeDee Lamb was the guy "who was competition with him." #49ers

Salt in the wound. If Kinlaw wasn't available CeeDee Lamb most likely would have been the pick. 

I actually don't totally believe him. Still think Ruggs was his GUY at WR. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

So, no tackle taken on day 1 and no picks on Day 2 - seems like Staley is coming back for 2020.

I'd lean that way, but hard to say. We have three guys who play tackle...the team just may not view it as a bigger issue. Brunskill was really impressive there last year. Skule was dreadful, but I think people have hope for him or something. Coleman has a couple of years worth of starting experience. 

My guess would be that he's back, but I still wouldn't be at all surprised if he's not. 

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually don't totally believe him. Still think Ruggs was his GUY at WR. 

My buddy who works for the Raiders says Ruggs was 100% our guy and they knew Ruggs wasn't dropping past SF no matter what. 

Edited by John232

15 minutes ago, John232 said:

My buddy who works for the Raiders says Ruggs was 100% our guy and they knew Ruggs wasn't dropping past SF no matter what. 

Shanny is usually truthful with the press, but too much smoke on Ruggs being his guy. It just made too much sense. Once he got picked, the Kinlaw pick became a no-brainier for Lynch/Shanny.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny is usually truthful with the press, but too much smoke on Ruggs being his guy. It just made too much sense. Once he got picked, the Kinlaw pick became a no-brainier for Lynch/Shanny.

As far as you know. Maybe we were just making our interest for Ruggs known so LVR wouldn't trade down a couple spots for someone who was going to take Kinlaw? 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is my viewpoint as well, but LIS last night, I hate the "aiyuk was the #1 WR on our board" comment for this reason. We liked him, obviously, but that is a blatant attempt to sell the fans on a WR that is not one of the big three. Its insulting tbh and a comment that only invites future criticism. 

Just say "he was by far the highest WR on our board left and the gap between him and the other WRs we liked was less than the gap in DTs" now that is a fair statement and something everyone can get behind. 

Now if cee dee puts up huge numbers, and aiyuk is only average, then kyle looks like an idiot. 

• Like 1