2020 Draft Day GDT: Day 2, everyone is about to be bored

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

Come on lynch...at least make a couple of minor trades today to give us something to talk about

Don't worry about it, he has something lined up! Breida+Goodwin+Pettis+5th rounder to jump up for a late 4th rounder!!! Getcha popcorn ready!!!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay everyone, here's the exercise: 

Out of the remaining players, who are you willing to trade next years second round pick to move into the top of the third round this year for. 

would have to be for someone who is going to be a starter in the long run. I would do it for our future LT or a starter at RG so that brunskill could play T

I would also consider doing it for a SS

• Like 2

1 minute ago, N4L said:

would have to be for someone who is going to be a starter in the long run. I would do it for our future LT or a starter at RG so that brunskill could play T

So if McKinney is there at the start of round 3, are you offering up next year's 2 to go get him? 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Good post. I'd also personally consider it for a CB. 

Question is: what players could fit that criteria? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay everyone, here's the exercise: 

Out of the remaining players, who are you willing to trade next years second round pick to move into the top of the third round this year for. 

Grant Delpit if he makes it that far. Also Bryce Hall in the 3rd rd would be a steal IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I would imagine they could possibly trade up for any OT that falls or IOL like Hennessy. 

I also wouldn’t mind a corner like Sherm mentioned, Bryce Hall. 

I doubt it but I'd like Josh Jones a lot if he continues to drop.

Just think it's a bit weird that they met with all that OL if the plan was Kinlaw/Aiyuk, Ruggs/Blacklock anyway.

47 minutes ago, sherm said:

Grant Delpit if he makes it that far. Also Bryce Hall in the 3rd rd would be a steal IMO.

Hall is an interesting case because I have him in the third as is, but I Think he could be a stud in our scheme. That said, I feel like he's the type of player I'd like to get via a Pettis + 5th for 3rd round pick to get Hall. How stupid is that? LOL. I am even picky on the ways I want to trade for particular prospects in the third round

56 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:
1 hour ago, Forge said:

So if McKinney is there at the start of round 3, are you offering up next year's 2 to go get him? 

Theoretically yes, but I'd be really concerned why he'd still be there

I echo this sentiment. It would be good value that late so it does make sense. I also want to keep in mind that ward and tartt were both mostly healthy last year, but that hasnt been true historically

here is the other question though, is our future second enough to make a deal for the front half of the third? We are going to be picking in the 20s again you would think, so is it worth it for another team to wait another year to move up like 15 spots? 

• Like 1