2020 Draft Day GDT: Day 2, everyone is about to be bored

Forge

Thinking it over...if Ruggs really was our #1 guy, wouldn't we have traded up for him? 

Shanny will always trade up for a player he wants on offense...but they were content to let the Raiders pick him at 12. 

Its looking like the Niners FO threw out a few smokescreens this year....taking an OT high, Ruggs our #1 WR, and trading back from 31 for more picks

Just now, N4L said:

I echo this sentiment. It would be good value that late so it does make sense. I also want to keep in mind that ward and tartt were both mostly healthy last year, but that hasnt been true historically

here is the other question though, is our future second enough to make a deal for the front half of the third? We are going to be picking in the 20s again you would think, so is it worth it for another team to wait another year to move up like 15 spots? 

We were willing to do it with the Saints. A team like the Pats would probably definitely make that kind of move. The raiders have like 3 picks in an 11 pick span in the third round I think, so they may be interested in that kind of deal. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hall is an interesting case because I have him in the third as is, but I Think he could be a stud in our scheme. That said, I feel like he's the type of player I'd like to get via a Pettis + 5th for 3rd round pick to get Hall. How stupid is that? LOL. I am even picky on the ways I want to trade for particular prospects in the third round

Good luck getting some value out of Pettis...lol Breida is our best bet for a pick but there are still some good RB prospects on the board. So won't be anything today.

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Thinking it over...if Ruggs really was our #1 guy, wouldn't we have traded up for him? 

Shanny will always trade up for a player he wants on offense...but they were content to let the Raiders pick him at 12. 

Its looking like the Niners FO threw out a few smokescreens this year....taking an OT high, Ruggs our #1 WR, and trading back from 31 for more picks

We really didn't have the ammo for it at the time tbh. Just jumping from 13 to 11 to get ahead of Vegas, the price is a late 3rd rounder. The main component of our trade up was the pick we got from Tampa for trading down. 

• Like 1

Just now, sherm said:

Good luck getting some value out of Pettis...lol Breida is our best bet for a pick but there are still some good RB prospects on the board. So won't be anything today.

Zay Jones got a future 5. So I'm assuming that Pettis' value is similar. Pettis + our fifth should get us into the 4th. I'm just hoping to fleece someone for the rest of it. 

Unfortunately, I don't imagine Breida has much value either at this point given his position. 

Guys I would trade next year's 2 to get in the third: 

• Xavier McKinney - should be a really good choice to replace Tartt next year, and as @N4L said, our safeties don't have a history of health. 
  • Josh Jones - I'm not as high on a lot of people. I have major issues with how sloppy he is given his experience, but he has left tackle ceiling. 
  • Ezra Cleveland- Yeah, he's going to suck in year one. I think he's similar to Brian O'Neil or Kolton Miller. But I think in year two, he could be realy good in our scheme. Also, I'd rather use a pick on offensive line and give them a year to cook as opposed to drafting a guy and asking him to pay same year if I have the optino. 
  • Jaylon Johnson - People know how much I like him. I think he's a stud. Was really surprised at guys like Arnette going ahead of him. 
  • Kristian Fulton - go back and look at what he did when covering the best
  • Matt Hennessy

I'm sure there are others that I would take. 

• Like 1

I’m all for if we can package our late round picks together or with players we are trying to move to go up in the draft, but honestly I think we just need to bite the bullet on this year if it’s just pushing out the situation to next year. Depending on what’s going on with Dee Ford we may be looking at EDGE fairly early next year and it sounds like we’ll have to replace Joe as well. That could be round 1 & 2 right there.

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’m all for if we can package our late round picks together or with players we are trying to move to go up in the draft, but honestly I think we just need to bite the bullet on this year if it’s just pushing out the situation to next year. Depending on what’s going on with Dee Ford we may be looking at EDGE fairly early next year and it sounds like we’ll have to replace Joe as well. That could be round 1 & 2 right there.

Looking at @Forge post right above mine. If Jones slipped I would be alright with that. 

3 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

What about the likes of Dugger, Burgess or Chinn?

Dugger is a FS in my opinion. I don't think he's a guy I'm replacing Tartt with. That'd be who I replace Ward with. Chinn is a possibility, but don't like him quite as much as McKinney. I'm not quite as high on Burgess. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dugger is a FS in my opinion. I don't think he's a guy I'm replacing Tartt with. That'd be who I replace Ward with. Chinn is a possibility, but don't like him quite as much as McKinney. I'm not quite as high on Burgess. 

alright the value on McKinney might be worth the trade as well. Talk to me in the third and I will give you my answer. Otherwise I’ll just keep contradicting myself like an idiot. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e7b6a16582b86488ac

• Like 1