Who you want? Who you got? Dear God No!!!

Millenhater

It's Day 2.  The heart of the Draft.  Time to start submitting your day two mocks. 

Who do you want them to pick?

Who do you think they will pick?

And who would be your Dear God no!!  Cancel the holidays burn your Lion's apparel disaster picks?

Feel free to post as many scenarios as possible.

My want? Hate to beat this poor, lifeless horse, but Epenesa is my pick.

Who will they pick? I have a feeling that they might go with Josh Jones. I can see it, and, although it hurts me, I could get behind it.

My fear? That they'd go with a YGM type over Epenesa, or they'll reach on a lesser talent. Both would hurt.

• Like 1

Who I want? There are so many players I am open to. I think the two players I have slightly more value on than others do is S Jeremy Chinn and QB Jalen Hurts. 

Who I think they will pick? LB Logan Wilson and some prospect not on our draft boards. Possibly another TE 😧

My fear? They try to “fill needs” instead of taking the better player sitting there. You draft talent and sign free agents to fill holes. 

• Like 2

This is one way (possibly my favorite) I’d like it to go down:

35.  Epenesa

Trade our 3rd and either next years 3rd or our second 3rd and grab either Dobbins or Taylor.

What I think will happen

35. Marlon Davison or KJ Hamler

67. I think we trade down with this pick when there’s a good player on the board.  Lynn Bowden or Raekwon Davis

85. Bradley Anae

For the record I think all of these would be reaches. (Except maybe Davis)

And here is the full meltdown

35. Jalan Hurts

67. Bryan Edwards

85. Matt Hennessy  

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

My fear? They try to “fill needs” instead of taking the better player sitting there. You draft talent and sign free agents to fill holes. 

This is my fear as well.  The players available actually give us a chance to fit need and best player I just don’t know if we will do that.

4 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Yeah there's some rumor about Hurts. If the Lions draft Hurts in any round, I will be livid

I would be ecstatic 😁

ETA: I feel like the Lions owe me one pick after angering me for so many years. 😂

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This feels about right. But I want Gallimore, Epenesa, or Dobbins. And I fear us drafting any QB in the second. 

my man crush on Dobbins is huge, and if we landed him in the 2nd I'd be superficially stoked...but deep down, those d-lines would be getting to me. I really think we need to take interior DL. I'm not sold on what we currently have at all.

10 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

my man crush on Dobbins is huge, and if we landed him in the 2nd I'd be superficially stoked...but deep down, those d-lines would be getting to me. I really think we need to take interior DL. I'm not sold on what we currently have at all.

I agree.  I think Epenesa helps the most right now.  I think Swift/Dobbins/Taylor would be huge too but my favorite is Dobbins.  Given I also like Evans and Moss, i feel like RB can wait a round.  Or we can wait until two are picked and trade back up for the third. 

• Like 2

No Wrs yet. 

The value is at Dline, RB and Safety in my opinion. 

Swift, Epenesa, Winfield, Taylor, Dobbins.

In the 3rd, maybe WR. Oline. RB or Dline if not addressed. 

Will be plenty of great options..

Wouldn't mind moving down 5 or so spots if we could net another 3rd.

• Like 1

I'm just having that sense of dread that they're going to do the usual smartest guys in the room thing and take Joey Debonair from East B***f*** State, and we'll all go who?! and then look at the rankings and see he's the #17 rated guard in the draft, projected to go in rounds 4-6

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1