Who you want? Who you got? Dear God No!!!

Millenhater

I really like Dobbins, but the more I think about it I really want Taylor.  Dude just looks like a pro.  The way he conducts himself on the field reminds me of Nick Chubb, who I absolutely loved.  I know we need DL and if we don't take Epenesa I think Taylor is the guy I want.  Really hope we swing a trade to get both.  That would give us 3 cornerstone instant impact player for our team.  MAKE IT HAPPEN BOB!!!

8 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I really like Dobbins, but the more I think about it I really want Taylor.  Dude just looks like a pro.  The way he conducts himself on the field reminds me of Nick Chubb, who I absolutely loved.  I know we need DL and if we don't take Epenesa I think Taylor is the guy I want.  Really hope we swing a trade to get both.  That would give us 3 cornerstone instant impact player for our team.  MAKE IT HAPPEN BOB!!!

I really like Taylor too, and I think he has the potential to be a special RB in the NFL, but man those ball security issues are scary.

19 minutes ago, davisblack said:

I really like Taylor too, and I think he has the potential to be a special RB in the NFL, but man those ball security issues are scary.

Yeah it’s scary but I think it’s correctable.  It’s not like Abdullah who had tiny hands.  I think it’s a technique thing.

Who I want? Xavier McKinney

My favorites for #35... McKinney, Denzel Mims, DeAndre Swift, Trevon Diggs, Grant Delpit, Neville Gallimore

Some more guys I'd be OK with in Round 2 or 3 (No order)... Ross Blacklock, A.J. Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos, Zack Baun, KJ Hamler, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Elliott, Cameron Dantzler, Michael Pittman Jr.

I'd prefer to take an OL in Round 3, since we have two picks and I think we need guys with the potential to be playmakers on either side of the ball more...

Some guys I like in the Round 3 to 5 range... J.R. Reed, Quez Watkins, K'von Wallace, Jonathan Greenard, Jonathan Garvin, Cam Akers, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Darius Anderson, Bryan Edwards, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Stanford Samuels, Jason Strobridge, Anfernee Jennings, Raekown Davis, Rashard Lawrence, Jacob Phillips

Alot of really decent players with upside in this Draft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I'm just having that sense of dread that they're going to do the usual smartest guys in the room thing and take Joey Debonair from East B***f*** State, and we'll all go who?! and then look at the rankings and see he's the #17 rated guard in the draft, projected to go in rounds 4-6

I have that concern with every move they make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

I’ll admit I have nowhere time I used to on watching football or prospects but my short list in order is 

Swift RB Georgia

Gross Matos- Edge PSU

Baun- LB - Wisc

i have not read anything or researched this is simply guys I like and who are still here 

It’s great to see you posting. Stay safe out there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I’ll admit I have nowhere time I used to on watching football or prospects but my short list in order is 

Swift RB Georgia

Gross Matos- Edge PSU

Baun- LB - Wisc

i have not read anything or researched this is simply guys I like and who are still here 

Oh wow, a detfan sighting! Good to see you around.

19 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Swift RB Georgia

Gross Matos- Edge PSU

Baun- LB - Wisc

I’m a big fan of Baun but I just read something that makes be think the Lions won’t be high on him.

Per PFF He did not have as single bull rush pressure this year.  Patricia is all about power rushers so I don’t know if they will want him.

Want Swift, Dobbins, or Higgins. Offense needs work too. We're in desperate need of playmakers on that side right now.

I agree with whoever said they will outsmart themselves though and blow it. Typical.

Edited by ManeLine
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Want Swift, Dobbins, or Higgins. Offense needs work too. We're in desperate need of playmakers on that side right now.

I agree with whoever said they will outsmart themselves though and blow it. Typical.

Yeah, I'm expecting them to pull another wanna-be New England pick, and pass on more talented players for another high IQ/"system fit" role player like they did with Jahlani Tavai last season. Good solid role player, sure, but this team has plenty of solid role players now, it's all Quinn does. They need some big play makers, even if it's alittle more risky in terms of bust potential. I've always said that if the Coach is truly a good Coach, if they're worth their salt as a Coach... they find a way to fit guys into their system, find new spots and formations for them to flourish, not only pick players that already fit in their system/scheme. The Best Coaches do it all the time.

Edited by DOBSON10

I hate to succumb to the shiny object but man Swift is a baller, it’s become kind of cliche but I see a lot of Kamara in his game ( meaning seems every year there’s a guy who gets unjustly declared the next Kamara). 

Truthfully there’s just a ton of guys I’d consider good value at 35 in just about any draft. I’m all for BPA just hope there board doesn’t look like.....we’ll how there board usually looks. I’d have no problem going Diggs here who I really like. Just go ahead and lock up the 2outside corner spots with a pair of long rangy playmakers on rookie contracts. 

Gallimore, Blacklock or YGM would all be really good picks. I’m not particularly high on AJE, he just seems terribly average all around and despite big white guy from Iowa stereotype he’s not really a high motor guy. 

I really like McKinney and wouldn’t be against him as bpa. I don’t really want to go safety but I don’t think u avoid bpa because you used mid round picks on the position in previous years especially when those players have looked average at best. ( I do still have hope for them don’t get me wrong) 

Prediction? I think they either go Oline or Raekwon Davis

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1